25 - melissa benoist

requested by: hatdogitlog763

a/n: warning y'all now.... i have no clue how comic con works, i have only seen very little interviews- i live under a rock <3 and as always, apologies for how late this is

"I'm already regretting this," you huff, slightly glaring at your friend. "Oh, come on, don't be so dramatic. It'll be fun, I promise," they said, playfully elbowing your side. 

Y/F/N has tried to drag you to comic con every year since you two became friends, and always failed. Until this year. You don't remember why you said yes, to be honest you were probably drunk. But none the less, they made sure you kept your word. 

"And your great at keeping promises," you retorted, rolling your eyes, as they were horrible at keeping them. They pouted at you. "Ouch," they mumbled, but shrugged it off. Their face lit up when they spotted the Supergirl panel, immediately dragging you along, making you yelp. 

"Oi! Care to give a girl a warning next time?" You scolded, frowning. "Nope," they said plainly. You just rolled your eyes, turning your attention to a particular blonde. 

You had only paid attention to some of the words she said. You were too distracted, staring at her. And also, because you had no clue what any of them were talking about. You could've stared at her blue eyes for forever, her skin looked so soft. You must've been spaced out for a while, because before you knew it. Y/F/N was dragging you somewhere else. 

"Would you quit that!" You complained, glaring at them. "Yeah, yeah. Don't be a baby, miss goo-goo eyes," they retorted, making your face go red. "I have no idea what you're talking about," you lied, shaking your head. They rolled their eyes at you. "Girl, I saw you making heart eyes at Melissa. Your jaw was pretty much to the floor, pretty sure you were drooling a little," they continued. You scoffed at them, hoping they wouldn't notice your tomato-colored face. Though, you had subconsciously wiped your lip, scared you might've actually drooled. 

Y/F/N looked unconvinced. You just awkwardly looked around, refusing to look them in the eyes. You cleared your throat, going to say something. But you felt someone tap your shoulder. You quickly turned your head around, almost jumping out of your skin when you saw Melissa. 

"Oh, speak of the devil," Y/F/N mumbled, thankfully only you seemed to hear them. More like angel you thought. "I noticed you in the crowd and figured I'd say hello," Melissa said, smiling at you. You internally panicked. Ohmygodshesawmestaring-

You awkwardly cleared your throat. "Uh, hi. I'm Y/N, this is-" you turned around to point at Y/F/N, but they were gone. Oh, you bitch you thought, rolling your eyes. You turned around to look at Melissa again, who had an amused smile. "Never mind," you said, shaking your head. 

She giggled, causing your face to heat up. "Well, it's nice to meet you, Y/N. I'm Melissa," she said and held her hand out for you to shake. You gently shook her hand. "Same to you," you replied, smiling at the blonde. 

"Y/N! GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE AND COME LOOK AT WHAT I FOUND!" You heard your friend shout from across the room. How they had not lost their voice yet you had no idea. You facepalmed and Melissa laughed. You sighed before turning back to Melissa. "Well, duty calls. It was nice talking to you. Even if it was only for a few seconds," you said. 

"Doesn't have to be. I don't have anything else to do for a while, I can come along if you'd like," she suggested. You smiled and nodded. "I'd love that," you replied. 

Melissa grinned. "Good, now let's go find your friend before they lose their mind." 

*time skip brought to you by *insert sponsor** 

You and Melissa had talked while Y/F/N geeked out over everything. "So have you been to comic con before?" She asked. She had noticed you seemed lost the moment she saw you. That and how gorgeous you were. Though mainly the latter. You shook your head at her. "Nope. They dragged me here actually. Been trying to convince me to come ever since we became friends," you said with a dramatic sigh. 

"Truth is I've never actually watched a superhero movie or show. Let alone read a comic," you said sheepishly. Melissa nodded. She had been listening to you talk and watching you intently the entire time. Which is why you were staring at the ground, trying to avoid eye contact like it was the plague. "But as you can see, they finally convinced me to come. And when it's over, I'm sure they'll try to get me to watch every superhero movie and show that exists."

Melissa had an amused expression on her face. "Well, I don't mean to replace your friend but... I'd love to sit and watch them with you some day," she said. You looked up to look at her, though you immediately regretted it as your skin felt like it was on fire. 

You struggled to get the words out the first few times, but eventually got it. "I would love that too," you spoke. "Great, then it's a date," she said cheerfully, handing you a piece of paper that swore she pulled out of nowhere. 

You looked down at the paper and it had what you assumed was her number. Along with a tiny winky face and a heart in the corner. You grinned and looked back up at her. You went to say something, but she beat you to it. 

"Welp, duty calls. See you around, beautiful," she said and placed a quick kiss on your cheek before walking off. It seemed your words had been stolen from you (and your heart it seems), so you just gave her a small wave as she left. 

You let out a dreamful sigh and turned to your friend, who was wiggling their eyebrows at you. You glared at them and threw your bag at their head. Earning a yelp as they fell on their butt from the unexpected impact.