new life

3 years later...

JESSICA'S POV

Currently 21 years old, today is my birthday! I'm in Los Angeles for a week, my friends treated me to a little birthday vacation week. This is also my last year of college, I've been searching for nursing jobs and I'm feeling pretty good about my life right now.

Ever since that night, I haven't heard from Kendall. We just lost contact I guess, sometimes I still think about him. I hope he's doing well.

My friends wanted to go to a cute cafe for breakfast so I started getting ready. I decided to wear a black rib-knit bodycon dress and wear it with my white air force 1's. I clipped my hair up and grabbed my beige shoulder bag.

There was a knock. "Jess can you get that? I think it's Chris." My friend Melini said.

I ran over to the door to open it, it was Chris! He was our friend who lived in California, he was the one who begged us to come over here. He went to UNC but later transferred because he missed home so much.

"Hey there birthday girl!" I hugged him as he gave me a friendly kiss on the cheek.

"Ahh I missed you Chris, I'm still mad you chose to transfer closer to home." I faked a frown.

"I bet you're glad I left." We laughed. I let him in allowing the rest of our friends to greet him. Melini, Paul, and Ryan came out to California with me. Mel and Paul are dating and Ryan's girlfriend is traveling with her family for spring break. Chris' girlfriend lives with him in California but she couldn't make it to my birthday breakfast because was working. We were all one big group of friends and I loved it. Chris was the one who'd be driving us around since he knew the area considering he grew up here.

We drove to the cafe and found a parking spot. It was a bit far but I didn't mind walking a bit to get to the place. It was a bit crowded outside, a lot of people were walking everywhere. I stayed close to my friends while we walked. I was about to go inside the cafe when I had accidentally bumped into a blonde boy and his friends. They all had sunglasses on and beanies. Its a bit hot for those, isn't it?

"Oh my gosh, Im so sorry. Are you ok?" I couldn't really see his face since he had some sunglasses.

"I'm ok, are you?" His voice sounded familiar but I couldn't figure out where I knew it from.

"Yes." I laughed, "Sorry I'm a bit clumsy. That's what I'm known for." I smiled at him.

KENDALL'S POV

"Seems like it." I joked.

"Are you sure you're ok?" I could hear her friends calling for her to get inside the cafe.

"I am, thanks for making sure. I think your friends want you now." I smiled at her and she smiled back. She waved as I watched her go into the cafe.

It was her, my first girlfriend. Jessica and I were each other's firsts in a lot of things like first kiss, first holding hands, first I love you, we even lost our virginities to each other. We had our first relationship with each other.

"Damn is she beautiful." James said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Seems like you're not the only one who thought so." Logan chimed in.

"Oooo." Carlos said.

"Shut up guys." I told them.

After traveling to California, I got an acting gig. I've been filming a show called Big Time Rush with the guys and we've even had a bunch of concerts. It's been the best time, an absolute thrill.

The guys and I were just out getting some coffee, we had all been up early working in the studio. Now I can go home and take a break. The guys and I each walked over to our own cars. I said bye and drove home.

The first thing I did when I got home was go straight to my room. I was exhausted, but my thoughts kept me up. That was really Jessica, I honestly have missed her so much. I wonder what she was doing here. I wonder how she is now. Then it hit me, today is March 25th. It's her birthday, her 21st. We used to talk about it all the time, Jess was the partying type so I was never surprised when she brought up how hard she was gonna party when the day came. It made me laugh a bit just thinking about it.

I began to think about the past, my last day with her. We were supposed to spend a night together on her last night at her apartment but I left early because my mom had changed our flight. She was crying to me about how much she missed me and especially our relationship. I missed her too but I couldn't tell her. I didn't want to lead her on, I couldn't handle a relationship at the time and I didn't want to hurt her by going into one no matter how much I wanted it. Of course I wanted to be with her but I wasn't myself, I would only do her harm.