CHAPTER 9

Next day 

What should I wear? After changing two times she finally got ready. 

"Hii", Eric hugged her. "You are looking beautiful."

"Thank you," She said while blushing.

'Cute' he said to himself.

"Let's get going".

They were walking and Eric wanted to hold her hands. Anne wanted it too. 

Their fingers were touching each other and finally, Eric held her hand. Both were looking in different directions. 

Anne was blushing. Her heart was beating with the speed of light. It was the first time any boy was holding her hand. It was giving her butterflies in her stomach.

They reached the cafe and Eric was still holding her hands. Their talk was disturbed by a waitress.

"What would you like to have sir? "

"Jia"

"Eric. Hii, long time no see. How have you been?"

"I am good. How are you?"

"I am great after seeing you," Emily replied. 

"Who is she?" She asked while checking Anne. 

"She is my girlfriend."

"Ohh! Hi, I am Jia, his ex-girlfriend," She said while rolling her eyes.

"Hello, I am Anne." (This is so awkward).

"Give me your order and enjoy your time. She said winking toward Eric. "

"I would like to have.."

"A latte," Jia said.

"Yes"

"You are still the same."

"And for me, one chocolate shake," Anne said.

She was already feeling weird but let's not make it a big deal. I can handle this. She said to herself.

Her mood was all ruined but Eric handled everything well. So we can say her date was ninety percent successful.

Eric again holds her hand while going outside. They were talking about random stuff. Both of them were happy, smiling from ear to ear. But it does not last long.

They encounter Rebecca. She was also his ex-girlfriend. 

Anne kept smiling but she was already uncomfortable.

After some time they met Mary and she was also his ex-girlfriend.

At this point, she got so irritated that when Mary left she finally asked him, "How many exes do you have?"

She regretted asking this. 

"Seven" he replied.

"Thank God it is countable, I thought you dated the entire town."

The moment became awkward but Anne started laughing at the blue.