CHAPTER 6

"Am I even blinking my eyes? I guess not. Anne stops staring at him. He would be uncomfortable. 
Was I reading correctly? Am I speaking like a robot? Yes, you are. 
Oh no my cheeks are turning red. Yaah yaah stop embarrassing yourself in front of your crush.
Am I standing too close to him? He is really handsome." He was saying something, she heard her name. "Idiot came out from your dreamland, he is calling your name," she mentally slap herself.

"Anne Anne Anne"

"Yeah" 

"What happens? Are you fine?"

"Yes, I am. I was mesmerized. You were great. You are really good."

"Thank you."

"I think I should be going now, it's already 8:30," Anne said. I should leave now or I will make myself a complete fool in front of him, she thought. "Bye see you tomorrow," she said while grabbing her bag. 

"Okay bye," Eric replied.

She thought, "You are insane Anne what he would be thinking about you. You were drooling over him. Just get back to your senses. This is nothing but an attraction, it is common in your age so hold yourself. You crazy hormones.
He is hundred percent committed. He is way too smart to be single. You don't even have a chance so promise yourself that you would not embarrass yourself anymore so yes it's a promise. Let's keep some space between us. I'll not try to get along with you Eric."

Meanwhile Eric

"I want to talk with her but she is always with her friend. But today I saw her alone so I decided to talk." Eric thought.

"Anne, can you help me with the lines?"

"Sure, " she replied.

Eric thought, "It was the first time we were standing this close. Her cheeks look so soft. Is she uncomfortable? She look uncomfortable. I called her name but she was zoned out."

She said she was going.

He wanted to ask about dinner but she had already left. 

"Eric, you made her uncomfortable. You are unbelievable. What should I do now?" He cursed himself.

The next day they both saw each other and were not speaking a word. 

A few days passed and they all decided to go for dinner. 

While eating they were talking about random stuff. Suddenly Ava asks Eric, "Are you single?"

Both Anne and Eric choked on their food.

"Yes," he said while looking at Anne. 

Anne was ignoring her gaze. 

Later that day-

"Do you like him?" Anne asked Ava while walking towards the dorm. 

"No"

"Then why do you ask him if he is single?"

"He is handsome and I am single."

"Come on girl."

"Do you like him? " Ava asked.

"No, why would I?"

"Then it's alright I can hit on him".

"Do as you wish." She said while looking at her angrily.

"I just don't want both of us to fight over a guy. You know sister code."

"Yeah whatever"

Days passed and they were getting close (Ava, Anne, Eric, and Nathan). They go for food together. One day when they were having dinner-

"Hii I see you almost every day. You are beautiful. Can I have your number?" A random guy asked Anne out. 

"I am sorry."

"Do you have a boyfriend?" He asked.