Chapter 2: Lessons of the Present

Presents always filled with presents!!!~

I really need to stop basing this on the mlp version of the Christmas Carol smh- 🙄

Question: If you were to lay on a fireplace with a blanket, drinking hot coco/tea/coffee etc. While reading fanfics what fanfics would you read about?

"My name is Milly; the spirit of Christmas present." The little girl leaned against the right side of the car, drinking to what seems like... grape juice? She handed out her hand to me and smiled. "Nice to meet cha!"

This spirit also looks familair. She had dark pink hair, red eyes, but a really frightening look on her face. She also appears to be really small; which made me feel short because I'm about 5 inches taller taller than her.

When I didn't take her hand, and she looked at me with disgust. "Ugh, you really are a meanie."

I scoffed. "No I'm not! And you?! A spirit?"

"I'm literally in your car for crying out loud. I know you met my friend Luke- there's actually another person... but no spoilers!" She put her index finger on my mouth, smirking wide at me. Soon after, she leaned against the seat and put her hands above her head. "There's a lot to see in the present you know! That's why you need to get out of this dump and see what your best friends are doing!"

I crossed my arms and hesitated. "I... I don't have any best friends." Sometimes I wish I was lying, but I could tell the spirit knew what I was thinking.

"Of course you do!" She opened the car. "Come on, you silly man, you need a vacation to Christmas Wonderland!" The female spirit put her hands up on the air with happiness.

"I hate to burst your bubble," I scowled. "But I don't need a 'vacation' and I don't need to go all over this stupid city, learning about this stupid holiday."

"We aren't going all over the place to learn about the holiday!" The pink haired girl laughed hysterically. She grabbed my hand and forced me out of the car with her magic, and now I'm outside. "We're gonna learn about you."

Well... it's not like I've had a choice anyway. Giving up, I nervously put my hood on, hoping nobody-- not even Jake could see me. Milly looked at me while walking backwards down the streets. As always, it was busy.

Damn... I hate all this snow.

"Silent night~ Holy night~"

I blinked as I heard a familiar female voice. I looked back and saw a aqua haired girl with... what seems like her purple haired boyfriend? I tilted my head.

"That's Hailey Austin." The spirit smiled. "And right next her is her brother-- Alexzander! Er... you mostly call him Zander. You recognize them?"

So that's her brother.

I nodded my head at the spirit. I remembered teasing them for liking music a few years back. Now that I think about it, I used to think that that music girl used to be Jake's girlfriend. I didn't really mind, though.

I mostly recognize the purple haired man. He used to have a boyfriend back then, but I couldn't recall his name.

"These are the most holliest, joly-ist people this Christmas eve. Even though every Christmas is the same for them-- finding a mystery person; they always sing carols to pass the time, because they know the mysterious, missing person loves Christmas so much." Milly paused and winked playfully at me. "That's because his boyfriend gave him drums~"

I blinked.

Is that what you call... joy? I looked at the two siblings again and squinted my eyes. I see the female singer hug her brother. They sniffed and wiped their tears as the people on the streets gave them money. I put my hands together.