Chapter 2 - You're hot and you're cold

A/N - bit of a fun, easy going chapter. Thank you to GemmaaLouisee33 for the beautiful banner! Sorry Gemma I haven't worked out how to dedicate on this new format :(

Every one is asking when Nathan will come and it's soon, like within the next five chapters.

Noah's POV

5.15am I blink again at my watch, then rub my eyes trying to clear some of the dust that's collected on my lashes. Getting up early isn't the thing that has me grinding my teeth, riding a motorbike isn't the worry either.

It's me.

If I had to answer anyone truthfully right now about the state I'm in mentally I'd have to say, 'ask the three year kid, whose  discovered my fucking hot and cold taps and manning them ruthlessly.'

After yesterday, I was unbelievably happy, and kissing her. God! That was like heaven. But then my Father's words came worming back into my head, clamming my body up tight, controlling me. Reminding me that she was leaving, reminding me not to give in, not to feel.

But then I look at her. How the hell can I not?

"You alright?" she smiles down from Amber whose prancing, big brown eyes set on the cattle moving in front of us. "You want to borrow my eyebrows and beard?" Avalon points to the hairy creations stuck on her saddle cloth. 

I'm sometimes not sure how to answer, part of me, the side that would just give up everything for her wants to be playful, the other side wants just turn and run from this girl that plays havoc on it's dominant standing. And that's the forseeable problem right there, the melding of the two. 

When she talked about Seth yesterday I wasn't overly happy, when she said she liked him, I almost lost it. There is no way in hell if he's near her I will cope. I desperately want to cement this relationship in stone but in doing that I know, that if people have thought I was dangerous before it will be nothing on what I will become to keep her in my life. 

That's why I hesitate to ask her to be mine... because I'm dead serious about her and no one will take her away from me if I can help. The only person that could stop this steam train is her, she is the only person that has the chance to stop me from having her. I will try to walk past Seth, but if he looks at her ... games off. If she's mine I will be beyond brutal, because I will go mad if I lose her.

I've gone from not feeling to wanting to protect the one that makes me feel all while trying not to feel. I'm insane.

"Will the beard help me with what we're going to be doing later?" I return her smile, longing to get off the bike and kiss her. To make her mine for good. If she says yes, I'll follow her anywhere.

Avalon thinks about the question for a second before laughing evilly. "It may help if the victim likes a bit of a tickle."

That came out full of innuendo, something Av is not completely versed in. Last night I wasn't sure what she was doing, but thinking back over the moment later in the tent, I realised Av may have tried to pull a 'sexy' look with me. I'd already do practically anything for her, the thought of her plying me with those looks... hell things would escalualate to 'intense' and complicated extremely quickly. I've never had the urges for any other girl like the ones that are starting to hit my body.

"God? Why did you make women so cryptic?" I take my hands off the handle bars, trying to think of anything other than Av giving me sexy looks. The more she does things like that the more... everything I become. 

The other thing is if we get together I'll have to spill my life, another fear gets added to my long list. Rejection. What if she validates the thoughts I had whirring in my head for years?