Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen
Nobody Wins When The Family Feuds

"Mom, whooped Yolanda's ass last night," Rocco said as he watched the fight video that Effie recorded and sent in the big family group chat.

Nettie shook her head.

"I can't believe Effie stood there and recorded it," Nettie said.

"What did you want her to do? Jump in," Rocco said.

"She could have stopped them from fighting outside the venue," Nettie said.

"After her mother called her useless like her father, she better be lucky Effie couldn't hit her mother," Rocco said as Rocco flinched at the punch Fran threw at Yolanda.

"Damn, I see where you get that swing from," Rocco said.

"It's getting spicy in the group chat," Nettie said as cousins were picking sides against their parents, who felt Fran shouldn't have beat up Yolanda. In contrast, Dannel, Messiah, Dahiana, and Iolany felt Yolanda needed to get snatched up as it was long overdue.

"Not Liosha saying Fran should have head-butted Yolanda," Rocco said as he read the message notification pop up on his screen.

"I guess Yolanda has been a pain in everyone's ass," Nettie said.

"Why Kayla said Yolanda needs to go to hell with gasoline draws on," Rocco said with a chuckle.

"It's Trinity saying Yolanda needs to go buy a vibrator for me," Nettie said.

"This group chat is going to be crazy all week long," Rocco said.

Nettie nodded.

"How don't know how we're going on a couples retreat with this family feuding?" Nettie asked.

Rocco shrugged.

"It's not like everyone is going; this is for the couples that were present for the Valentine's Day party," Rocco said.

"Yeah, but last night, Janay invited Eimy and her husband plus Effie and her boyfriend," Nettie said.

Eimy was Effie's older sister, and unlike Nettie and Cardi, those two did not get along and last night pushed the two sisters farther apart as Eimy believed Effie should have jumped in for their mother. At the same time, Effie said she would not fight her aunt for her unsupportive mother.

"She did?" Rocco asked.

"This trip is about to be so dramatic," Nettie replied.

"If you think these two will cause drama on the trip maybe you should sit them down and have them talk it out or something," Rocco said.

"Okay, Dr. Phil," Nettie said.

===THE===WIFE===

"Can we order now?" Effie asked as Cardi took her seat.

Effie had brought her best friend Nicole to lunch with Nettie as Nettie told her she wanted to get together and have drinks, so she thought it was best to bring the turn-up queen to enjoy drinks with her cousins.

Nettie had asked Cardi, Trinity, and Janay to join her to get Effie and Eimy to talk things out before the couples retreat. Janay thought it was a good idea as she did not want drama on the trip, and Cardi knew this conversation would end badly as both Effie and Eimy had terrible tempers. While Trinity knew someone would catch hands, she was prepared to get Nettie out of the way just in case anything popped off.

"No, we're waiting on one more person," Nettie answered.

"Who are we waiting on?" Effie asked.

"Tell her, Nettie," Cardi said to Nettie.