Part 32

Sulochana and Sana were working in the kitchen.

Sulochana: Bahu, shift to my room from today. You and Sidharth should maintain distance. I don't want my grandchild in your womb to be harmed in any way.

Sana: Aaa.. but he..

Sulochana: I will talk to Sidharth regarding this when he comes home in the evening. You get your clothes and belongings. I will do the remaining work here.

Sana hesitantly nods in agreement. She goes to her room opens the wooden cupboard and picks up her clothes little by little and shifts to Sulochana's room. She additionally folds his unwashed shirt and keeps it under her pillow. She was so habituated to sleeping in his embrace at night that she wanted to feel him close to her atleast by way of his sweat smell.

Sidharth came home and went to his room. He opened the cupboard to change his clothes when he saw Sana's side empty.

Sidharth: Sana.. Sana..

Sana: Hmmm.. what happened?

Sidharth: Where are your clothes? Your side of cupboard is empty.

Sana: (nervously) Aaa.. I shifted to Saasumaa's room.

Sidharth: What? But why?

Sana: Saasumaa is concerned for the baby. (Bit her lips)

Sidharth: So am I, but what has the baby to do with you shifting the room?

Sana: Saasumaa said she will speak to you. You check with her.

He looked at her perplexed and went straight to Sulochana.

Sidharth: Maa, why would Sana shift to your room?

Sulochana: I want you both to maintain distance so that the baby is unharmed.

Sidharth: Maa, I am also a responsible father of the baby in her womb. I know my limits, Maa. I won't do anything which will harm my baby.

Sulochana: Okay beta, then what is the problem if she sleeps here in this room?

Sidharth didn't know what to tell her. He just wanted her beside him while he slept. Her presence gave him peaceful sleep just like a little kid who wants to sleep with his favourite toy. He would just hug her to sleep or kiss her before sleeping. He couldn't give his mother this reason though.

Sidharth: Maa, it will be trouble for you when she wakes up at night to have mid night snack or needs to visit toilet. I can take care of her very well.

Sulochana: It won't be a problem for me. I can manage as well.

Sidharth: Maa, what if she needs any help? You also need rest, why do you want to struggle with sleep?

Sulochana: I said, I will manage Sidharth. I stay at home and can rest during the day as well but you go to work, so it's you who need to take rest without disturbance.

Sidharth looked at Sana who had been hopefully looking at him thinking that he would be able to convince his mother. She was disappointed now. They hardly got time to spend with each other apart from the sleeping time hence they always looked forward to spend that time with each other. But this decision was total painful for them.

He gave up as his list of reasons were depleted and Sulochana was still not convinced. They have their dinner in silence. He ate very slowly because he wanted to spend more time around his wife.

Sulochana: What happened Sidharth? Is there any problem with the food today? You are eating so slowly.

Sidharth: No Maa, it's tasty.