Part 29

It was Sunday morning. Sidharth was reading newspaper in the front yard. Sulochana comes and sits beside him.

Sulochana: What are you reading beta?

Sidharth: I am done with reading the news, maa. I was searching for matrimonial advertisement for Renuka. I have spoken to few panditjis as well.

Sulochana: Sidharth, I have found a groom for Renuka.

Sidharth: (Happily) Really?

Sulochana: Yes, he is a lecturer.

Sidharth: Wow!! That's nice.

Sulochana: It will be his second marriage though.

Sidharth: If he is a good person, this things are very minor maa. Renuka is also a widow, so I don't think she will have any problem with a widower.

Sulochana: There is no doubt about the boy's character. He is as pure as 24 carat gold. But he isn't a widower.

Sidharth: Oh!! Divorcee!! If you are so sure about his character then we don't have to think about this as well. I am sure Renuka will agree.

Sulochana: Yes, she is happy to marry him.

Sidharth: That's a great news. Sana will be so happy to hear it. Maa, fix a meeting at the earliest with him and will get the marriage done without further delay.

Sulochana: Hmmm.. Yes, will do. Even I want this done as soon as possible.
.
.
.
Arvind: Sana, whatever happened is not right. I can't believe that you left Sidharth citing the reason that he is impotent. It is the worst allegation a male can ever what to take it. This will close all the routes of you returning to him. What if he marries someone?

Sunaina: Sana, is this all because you know that you have a home to return?  This is not your house Sana. This is my husband's home. Go back to your house. Your husband's house now.

Sana: (nods no) Jijaji, please can I stay here in your house until I get the divorce paper signed from him? I promise I won't stay here even a minute extra after getting the paper.

Arvind: Divorce? Sana, you are overreacting. What if the problem is in you? He had been so supportive and never offended you for not conceiving. As far as I know you, you aren't the kind of girl who breaks the relationship. What is it Sana?

Sana: It is what it is Jijaji. Please tell me if I can stay here until I get the papers?

Arvind: I have no problem in you staying here Sana.

Sunaina glares at him and he goes away. All she wanted was to put some brain in Sana to stay with her loving husband instead of taking decision in haste.

Sunaina: But I am not ready to cook food for you or do any of your work. I have had enough.

Sana: I won't ask for anything didi. Don't worry. I just need an address until the paper arrives. I will not trouble anyone after that.

Sunaina: I know, after that you will trouble Amma and Bapu. When will you understand Sana, already Bapu had suffered a lot in those past 5 years when you stayed with us. Do you want to kill them with this shock?

Sana: No didi. I won't go to Lakhanpur as well. I won't burden anyone.

Sunaina: (shocked) What are you going to do? Sana, what's in your mind?

Sana looks away avoiding eye contact. Sunaina held her arms and shook her to compel her to answer.

Sunaina: Tell me Sana, what do you plan to do? Tell me.