Part 27

Sana along with Sunaina went to all the different religious places to pray for the baby. She followed all the home remedies suggested by midwives and other ladies without letting Sidharth know anything about it. She was always lost in her thought. Her mind was pressurised thinking about how could she conceive the baby.

One day, Sana informs Sidharth that she was going to stay with Sunaina for 2 days. However, she going to a holy place with her friend which would take her half a day travel to go and another half a day to return back.

She occupied a seat in the bus which she shared with another lady. They both passed a slight smile and the conversation began. While introduction, Sana learns that her name is Vasudha and she is Sidharth's friend, Jagesh's wife.

Vasudha: I am surprised, are we talking about same person Sidharth because when we went to our native, Ajit's papa and I met his mother who introduced another girl as her daughter-in-law, who was travelling  home with her in a cycle rickshaw.

Sana: What? When did you meet her?

Vasudha: Last week. Actually she said she is taking her home from her parent's house.

Sana: I think you are mistaken. I am Sidharth Shastri's wife.

Vasudha: I don't know if it's really a confusion because how can the name, surname, native and mother's name all be the same?

Sana got a great shock. She immediately catches the next bus to return to her home. When she reaches home the next day, there was a lock on the door and a neighbouring lady tells her that Sidharth had got a telegram from his mother asking him to come home immediately. So he left to his native in hurry.

Oh God! What is happening in my life? Why are you making it tough for me?Saasumaa wanted a grandson and I couldn't give her one yet. Will she get him married to another girl? Who is that lady, what do I do?

Her worries had doubled and she couldn't sleep nor eat her food in tension. She would wait for him to arrive the whole day at the doorstep.

Two days later, a horse cart pulls over near their house. He gets down from the cart and looks at her with a smile. A lady in her early twenties gets down from a cart with him. The smile Sana had on her face looking at Sidharth fades away and she collapsed on the ground.
.
.
.
Sana wakes up and finds herself in a hospital. She was injected with a saline drips to provide instant energy. She looks around and finds Sidharth sitting near her.

Sana: You got married?

Sidharth: Huh? Ofcourse, I am married.

Sana: Why did you brought me to the hospital and why did you save me?

Sidharth: What? What's wrong with you Sana? Wait, let me call the doctor.

Sana: What's her name?

Sidharth: Whose?

Sana: The one you got home today in the cart.

Sidharth: She is Renuka Shastri. She is elder to you, you should call her didi.

Sana: Hmmm.. Ofcourse Didi.. (smirk)  I want to go to Lakhanpur. (Starts sulking)

Sidharth: Okay, fine. When did I stop you from doing anything? Why are you crying? Gain some strength first. The doctors told me that you might have been starving and sleep deprived. That's why you fainted. I had gone home for two days and you went on hunger strike?

Sana: I don't want to trouble your married life. Saasumaa's dream which I couldn't fulfil, probably didi might fulfill.

Sidharth: Have you lost your mind? What are you talking about? Who do you think Renuka is?