𝐹𝑆|02

♡ FIRST SIGHT ♡
02| Moving On

February 19thBaton Rouge, Louisiana 11:44 am CST

February 19th
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
11:44 am CST

Staring closely at his mix of brown and pale hands on the steering wheel, he glanced over one more time at her house. His anxiety started to flare again. It even put doubt in his mind that his plans towards an apology would ever work. Should he just go on about his day? Or chase after the last bit of happiness that remained in his life?

Maybe they could work it out...

Sniffing his emotions away, he proceeded to get out of the car with a heavy heart. Adjusting his baseball cap, he walked up the path to her door and stopped. His heart was pounding. Internal questions of "What am I doing?" entered his mind quickly, but by then he was already ringing the doorbell. Some moments later, Zuri answered and was shocked to see her ex of all people.

"Brandon?"

"Hey,...I know you said not to contact you anymore but I just wanted to–"

"Brandon, no. It isn't a good time" she cut him off, looking to the side.

"I don't mind waiting for whenever it is, Zuri. Just let me know what I didn't do right"

"I told you I just wasn't happy anymore. You're a good guy but shit just got boring if I'm being honest"

"I'm sorry I haven't been too...enthusiastic lately, you know I did just lose my moms" he frowned.

Zuri shook her head. "You know I'm sorry your mom passed, but that's not an excuse for our relationship though. I haven't been happy for some time and it got to the point where I barely found myself attracted to you anymore. Even the sex–or lack thereof....it wasn't anything–"

Suddenly, the door opened wider and revealed another guy. "What's going on? Who dis?" He questioned her.

It angered Brandon to see her already moving on. They just broke up. Maybe she had a rebound all along, he assumed. Now he couldn't make eye contact with either of them due to his shattered confidence. He was still stuck on the part of her losing attraction towards him.

"Nothing, babe. I'll be back in there in a second. Please just give me a minute" she shooed him away.

Seeing the guy finally backing off after giving him a look, Brandon asked a question he already knew the answer to. "...so...you already got someone new?"

"Look, I don't have time to re-explain why we broke up. I wasn't happy and that's it. I'm sorry it came during a time you're mourning but I just didn't want to be with you anymore. So I'd appreciate it if you just leave me alone and maybe work...on yourself. I'm sorry" She apologized in the midst of backing up.

"...you the only woman I got left, Z....." he said holding back tears. "You and my mom meant the world to me...and now–... I'm losing you both–... I don't know what else to do.....can I at least still be a friend?"