Fifteen.

I had mixed emotions about seeing Arya again. Before it was fine because I didn't know about well... everything. Now I feel like it's going to be awkward. I mean, she did push me off basically a cliff into water where I could've died. I get that it was to get her brother back here to help, but it was a pretty risky move. There had to have been a better way.

I guess, really, I need to move on. I'm here now and things are finally becoming clearer. She was desperate and Max needed to come back. He needs to know the truth about what happened, and I'm gonna help him. Starting with talking to Arya to help figure out who could've written that note. She's been here the whole time, she has to either recognize the writing or have ideas of who could've.

So, taking a deep breath, I knocked on her door and waited for her to open it. A few seconds passed, so I knocked again, but couldn't hear any movement. I started wandering, and after searching an endless amount of rooms inside the castle, I went outside to the gardens. After a few minutes of walking around, I finally found her on a bench next to someone I vaguely recognized. In a only in passing sort of way. He must be the boyfriend Dru mentioned. Great. This just got even more awkward. Ideally, I wouldn't have to interrupt her, but this is incredibly important.

I only felt marginally better when I saw how nervous she was when our eyes met. Clearly she doesn't know what to expect from me either.

"Hey, do you have a second to talk?"

"Yeah, of course." She turned to the guy and gave him a small smile. "Give me a second, Maddox."

He nodded and I took his place on the bench as he left. I took a quick look around, making sure there wasn't anybody else. This conversation needs to be kept extremely quiet.

"I feel I should start by apologizing. I was so desperate to get Grant here that I didn't think about what this would be like for you. I am so sorry, Aston."

"I wish it hadn't come to that."

"Me too."

"I understand, though. You needed him here to uncover the truth about your father, and he sees that now. I'll be here to help and that starts with asking you about this letter I found."

Her brows furrowed as she looked over the handwriting, then I saw her eyes turn red and glassy as they filled with tears. "Oh my god... I was hoping I was wrong."

"Do you recognize the writing?"

"It looks like my mother's. I can't be completely sure, because I don't see it a lot... but it definitely looks to be hers."

"Arya, are you really sure? You realize what this will mean if you're right?"

She took a minute, then slowly nodded as the first tear fell. "It's hers."

Maybe I shouldn't have asked her. At the very least, maybe there's someone else that can confirm it so it doesn't have to be on her. "This Captain Hall, is he still around?"

She wiped away her tears and handed the letter back to me. "Last I knew, he lived in town and was in rough shape. Of course, murdering a King and all of your crew will do that to you," she added bitterly.

"He was the only survivor?" She nodded. "How?"

"You will have to ask him."

I stood, but stopped before walking away. "I'm sorry that you had to go through this alone."

"You are the last person that should ever apologize to me after what I did to you."

We gave each other small, sad smiles, then I left, letting Maddox know he was free to return to her side. I think she might need him more than ever now.