Chapter 10:

She casually lifted the towel from around her neck, ran it across her face, and simultaneously caught the eye of the uninvited figure at her door. She summoned her aching muscles to the door, holding her towel in her hand as she rubbed away the perspiration trickling down the sides of her face.

'I thought I told you, I'd see you in about three days,' she panted, as she scanned around to find Henk Visser the alternate body guard who was relieving Chuck Trent. The bonnet cover was up, he was aimlessly leaning over the engine.

'Three days was too long to wait, I hope you don't have plans,' he murmured.

Her eyes traveled to the bag he carried, she could definitely smell Chinese takeout.

'I do have to leave,' she saw his shoulders drop, 'in about three hours,' she finished.

'I'll settle for that,' he grinned.

She opened her door, and caught Henk's questioning look.

She signaled "time-out" to him, to which he nodded, dropped the bonnet lid and went back into his car.

The minute she closed the door, Blake was imprisoning her between his body and the door, demanding a kiss.

'I__ don't hold much appeal right now, I need a shower,' she wrinkled her nose.

'Oh, but I disagree,' he leaned forward, and brushed his lips against hers.

'Five minutes,' she pushed him aside, and took the stairs two at a time to her shower.

Samantha was back in a little more than five minutes, her hair washed but tied in a pony tail, she'd slipped on a pair of denims and a low cut cotton top.

'Sorry to have kept you waiting,' she smiled apologetically.

'That's all right,' he rose from the settee and walked towards her, taking her into his arms, he lowered his head, indulging in a long breath taking kiss. Blake reached out and removed the band from her hair, 'that's better,' he smiled in satisfaction, admiring her long glossy hair cascading over her shoulders.

He smelt beautiful, a combination of expensive cologne, his very own scent and freshness as if he'd also showered before arriving at her doorstep.  While she was in the shower, he'd spread out dinner on her coffee table. It smelt delicious. He followed her eyes to the coffee table.

'Since you won't go out to dinner with me, I brought dinner to you,' he slipped her fingers into his and walked her to the settee.

'Thank you,' she smiled as he served her. There was chicken with litchi, beef with stir fry, noodles as well as rice.

'It's my pleasure,' he leaned over and teased her lips with feather soft kisses.

Blake speared a litchi and fed it into her mouth, 'So how you've been?' he asked.

Samantha laughed, then munched on the litchi, 'you mean since we saw each other twenty four hours ago!'

'No it was definitely much longer than that,' he angled his head, as if pondering on his comment.

Samantha pretended to pay attention to her dinner, but his attractive body distracted her attention endlessly, she was having difficulty tearing her eyes away from him.

'What?' she smiled, as she fed a forkful of chicken and rice through her lips.

He cast a questioning look at her.

'We're not discussing Platinum tonight,' she warned him.

'Good, we can talk about you then,' he expertly lifted his chopsticks to his mouth as his eyes slid uncontrollably from her lips to her cleavage.