CHAPTER 6

Samantha was sitting on the duvet, she was contemplating attempting the writing again, when Blake returned.

He joined her on the floor, removing his shoes, he handed her a glass.

She was surprised it was rather a sweet tasting wine.

'This is lovely, I expected it to be dry and or bitter,' she smiled.

'I'm glad you like it. So tell me how are you feeling?'

Samantha contemplated his question, for some reason she felt a desire to be honest with him.

Blake patiently waited for her to reply

She carefully placed the glass on the floor next to her. Inhaling deeply, she picked up the pen with her left hand and again tried to place it between her right thumb and fore finger, but again it refused to work.

'I can't get it to work,' she mumbled.

Blake was quiet for a few seconds, not saying anything. Now he understood the blank page. He wondered for how many hours she had been beating herself up.

'Samantha.'

She dragged her eyes across to look at him.

They gazed into each others' eyes, she found it too unnerving and lowered her head.

Blake placed his glass down as well and came to sit next to her.

He put one arm around her neck, and placed a finger under her chin.

'It's a fracture,' he murmured, 'is there a reason why you're in a hurry?' he spoke softly.

Even though it was just a hair line fracture, she should allow it at least four weeks to heal

I'm always in a hurry, and I like all my organs firing from all cylinders.

When she did not answer he murmured, 'you must give it at least another two weeks, there's no need to put any pressure on yourself, hmm.'

Now how is it, that that sounded like healing balm?

As if operating on auto pilot, her eyes chose to gaze into his.

Blake reached out and removed the hair band, setting her hair free.

'You should not have done that,' she half smiled, I had to get Trent to tie it up for me, and he was awfully embarrassed about it.'

'I'll tie it back if you want me to,' he murmured, 'although I prefer you without it,' he replied hoarsely.

She did not want to look into his eyes again, she knew he was going to kiss her. And damn it she wanted it too!

Blake's fingers cupped her face, the pad of his thumb caressing her cheek.

'May I take your jacket of,' Blake whispered.

'No,' she murmured.

'Yes,' he mocked, his lips brushing hers with feather light kisses.

Blake was on his knees, very carefully he removed the jacket from her good arm, then slowly drew it out over the right arm.

He placed a few cushions on the floor, then lowered her so her head was comfortably on one cushion, he placed another cushion in position for her to rest her arm on it. She didn't know how he managed it, but effortlessly, her arm was resting on the cushion.

Blake angled his body to face her, placing his elbow on one cushion, leaning his head onto the palm of his hand. Samantha reached out, bringing his head close to hers, until their lips could exchange a kiss. She pulled him closer, their mouths parted, their tongues reached out to each other. She groaned softly, for his kisses felt like a trip to heaven. Gently she reached out, cupping his face, her fingers raked into his hair, 'will you take off your shirt,' she pleaded softly.