When the Wolves Bite Back

"Kirsten I found something," I said scanning the news article on my laptop.

"What is it," She said leaning over to my screen.

"Five killings in two days three survivors all reporting seeing a wolf like human one of them calling it 'a pack of rabid people'. The ones who didn't survive had their hearts ripped out. What do ya think?"

"What did the police say?"

"That the third witness was in shock and it was just a pack of wild dogs."

"Where at?"

"Little Rock, Arkansas."

"Sounds like werewolves to me."

"Go wake Bayne up I'll get the stuff packed."

"He's still sleeping!?"

"What do you expect, Kirsten? It's Bayne we're talking about."

I got up closing the lid of my laptop and setting it on the coffee table. I then went to the hall closet and grabbed four silver hunting knives and my double edge sword. It were gifts from my father, it's made of silver with salt embedded in it and the point would ignite with holy fire if I light it.

"Kody?" Bayne's sleepy voice echoed through the hallway. "Did you tell Kirsten to wake me up?"

"Yah we got a case and it's like 11:30 in the morning," I said turning twards him. "So get a shirt on and get packed to leave and Kirsten can fill you in before we leave."

"Okay," He said plainly as he turned running, his hand through his blond hair.

I turn back to the closet and pulled on my sword sheath and slid the swords in. The weight on my back felt so good I wanted to smile.

I head to my room throwing some clothes in a bag withe the knives the putting two guns in and some silver bullets.

"C'mon pussy's let's go!" I yell walking out the door and digging my keys out of my pocket.

"Watch your mouth!" Kirsten's voice called out.

"No. Let's go!" I yelled back.

"You only gave us five minutes!" Kirsten snapped.

"Yeah I gave you five minutes get your ass in gear!"

"Hold on!"

"No now!"

Kirsten scrambled out the door and Bayne followed soon after. We climbed into my '65 f100 with Kirsten in the back and Bayne in the passenger seat and of course I was driving.

¤¤¤¤¤

I parked the truck at the park. There was crime scene tape across the entrance gate and multiple police cars lighting the place up.

"This is one fucked up park," I said.

"Yeah, but how the hell are we supposed get through the officers?" Bayne asked.

"Watch and learn bitches."

"Please stop cussing," Kirsten said.

"Never in a million years," I answered.

I walked up to the crime scene tape crying.

"Ma'am," the officer said. "You can't be here this is a crime scene."

"B-but that's m-my brother," I sob.

"I'm sorry ma'am."

"C-can I s-s-see him."

"If your sure you can handle it, he was attacked by a pack of wild dogs."

"I-i can handle i-it."

He lifted the crime scene tape for me and lead me to the body. He then lifted the tarp away from his head and chest. I cried harder when I saw him for show.

"T-thank you, I just needed to know it was really him."

"No problem ma'am," He said leading me back and lifting the tape for me again.

I walked back to my truck and wiped my tears away.

"How did I do?" I asked starting the truck.

"Really good," Kirsten answered.

"Thanks, I even got photos."

"No way!" Bayne said. "You didn't even take out your phone!"

"So you think," I said handing him my phone.

"Looks like a werewolf to me."

"I still want to talk to that last survivor to see what she says."

¤¤¤¤¤

After we talked to the last victim we desided to go to the park when it was dark. We pulled in and got our weapons out. I had my swords, Bayne had his gun, and Kirsten had her daggers. We walked through the darkened park keeping our ears sharp and watching for the werewolves as best we could. Suddenly one jumped out at me. I shoved my sword into its chest before yanking it back out. I the spun around stabbing two more. I heard Kirsten screaming but I didn't turn and I killed another one. I killed the last one and ran to find Kirsten. She was kneeling on the ground next to Bayne.

"He's dead," She sobbed. "They killed him."

I'm going to put the date I edited the chapter at the end so you don't get confused when I start changing some big things.

[Edit: 12/29/16]