Chapter Eleven

The set was bustling with excitement. Actors, extras and production assistants were flitting around the area like hummingbirds. The actors were dressed in period costumes so Ayça stood out like a sore thumb in her green cropped tank and brightly colored silk headband. She asked one of the production assistants where she could find Alps trailer, the poor young woman was so overworked she didn't even bother to ask for credentials. Without taking her eyes off of her tablet she gestured some directions with a wave of her free hand and spit some words out in one single breath as she hurried away. Trailer 16  were the only words Ayça was able to decipher from the woman's babbling. 

Luckily for her the trailers were arranged in ascending order and each one was labeled brightly with a number. She stood in front of trailer 16. Of course his was the largest trailer, it stood ostentatiously in the middle of the field. She was about to knock, when the door swung open almost smacking her in the face. 

A stunning leggy blonde emerged from the doorway gliding past Ayça. 

"What took you so long?" she demanded "Sami has been waiting over ten minutes to go out! Also don't give him anymore of those treats they make him gassy" 

Before she could protest the woman was promptly whisked away by awaiting assistants one who immediately began to primp her and the other giving her instructions. 

The trailer was decorated in a minimalistic manner. Everything was neatly organized and there was no clutter in the entire space. Shades of grey and white covered the space with the occasional pop of green from live plants. 

"Alp?" 

The only response was from a small arf in the corner. That came from a white puff ball that was staring at her through judgy black eyes. The doors to the trailer swung open and a young man with light brown hair and ruddy cheeks stumbled in. 

"Im so sorry im late" he managed to gasp out, his fingers fumbling to clasp the leash on the well pampered dog in the plush bed.  

Ayça served the man a glass of water as his shaking hands took it and guzzled the water down. She watched as water trickled down his neck and darkened the collar of his chambray shirt. 

"Have you seen Alp?" 

He nodded "They just started filming, he is around the corner of trailer 23" 

She found him exactly where the young man said. A man with a thick bushy beard and a paisley print shirt was very animated holding a microphone in his hand. A cameraman behind them as the men interviewed a serious looking Alp who was dressed in a crisp white shirt with red suspenders. Beside him was the disagreeable blonde from earlier who was laughing and smiling as she answered the interviewers question. 

Ayça continued to watch the interview going on

Ayça continued to watch the interview going on. Alp was cold and reserved in his responses unlike his counterpart who was over the top with her smiling and laughing. The man asked a question to which Alp shook his head but the blonde without hesitation reached over and kissed him on the lips. Ayça stood frozen for a moment as if a bucket of cold water had been dumped on her head. She wanted to turn and run mortified that she had come on the set uninvited.