Chapter 5: How do you talk to your father when he doesn't know your his son?

"Hey mate! You alright?" Phil asks, holding his hand out to help me off the ground.

No no no no no! Not alright, not alright! This is the worst thing that could have happened right now! This is not good!

"Yeah, I'm good!" Fuck.

"That was a pretty heavy fall kid, you're lucky that red shall think of yours is really noticeable, or you'd be dead splatt on the ground right now, heh heh."

"Heh heh, ya! Heh..." God you're an idiot! Never been happier for this stupid bandana on my face.

"Are you sure you're alright? You pale, and you're all sweaty." My eyes widen as I quickly wipe off my forehead with my sleeve.

"Uh yup! All good! Just a bit shaken for the fall is all, heh heh.."

"Whatever you say. What's your name kid?"

Shit.

"Uh.. Theseus.."

"Oh! You're that kid Tec- or The Blade is always talking about. The vigilante?"

Pardon?

" Um, hero you mean, infact one of the best heroes to ever exist for your information."

"Ha ha! He was right, you are just like Tommy!"

"Wha- Tommy? Who's Tommy? What a weird name, Tommy? I've never met Tommy! Heh heh.. What about Tommy?" Oh my god, just shut up you idiot! I quit my ramble seeing an amused sofend look on Phil's face.

"Oh, he's my son. A special kid he is, heh heh. You remind me of him. You both have a huge passion for the heroics, and a short temper."

"Hey!"

"Sorry. So kid, what's your power? I wouldn't assume fight as your wings seem to be homemade, and I would hope your parents or whoever takes care of you won't let you out here this late without some type of ability, even with some impressive gadgets."

"Oh! I can like turn invisible and shit, it's really fucking awesome."

"Oh, nice kid. Mind if I take you to some late night hot chocolate or something, I just wanna make sure you're alright before I bring you home."

"Uh.. sure?

--

We were sitting on the rooftop of the apartment building across from the cafe. I was drinking my hot chocolate when Phil spoke up.

"So, what were you doing out so late, kid? There were no villain calls tonight. Even if there was, I have a feeling with The Blade giving you the 'vigilante' title and everything, that you don't have your hero license."

Shit.

"Oh, uh well the wings are like new and everything, so I was just practicing flying and stuff. I'm.. not that good... right now, as you saw.. But I'm awesome so I'll have it down by l-like tomorrow so y-yeah! Heh heh, heh.."

Phil just looks at me with a sorrowful face.

"Look mate, The Blade told me if I were to ever run into you, I would ask you something."

"Um, okay?"

*Sigh "The Blade really needs you to stop showing up on his missions. It's dangerous and since you don't have your licence, if you keep showing up, he's gonna have to arrest you, and he really doesn't want to do that-"

"-Arrest me?! Are you fucking joking?!"

"I know how it sounds but you know it's illegal for you to be going around on hero missions without your license. And that's for your safety. You get that license by going through professional training. He just wants what's best for you. He would never admit it but he's terrified every time you show up. The Blade has a little brother who you remind him a lot of. He would do anything to keep him safe and you being there makes him feel like his little brother is in danger. So please mate, be more careful, and stay away until your parents send you to the training academy so you can get you lisens."

I stay silent for a moment, trying to take in everything Phil just said. Techno is worried about me. Both of me! I don't want to worry him and I swear on my gaming keyboard that I was going to stay back! Until he said to have my parents send me to the training academy.

"I'm sorry.." Phil removes his hands from my shoulders, -which i didn't even realise were there- with a confused, worried look.

"I can't."

I have my wings flare out as I stand up from the edge off the roof and step back to the center. I run back to the edge and fly off. Once I'm high enough in the air,I look back slightly. Phil isn't following me. Thank fuck. I turn back and go find a place to sleep for the night, knowing that Phil thinks I'm with Tubbo, and Tubbo thinks Im home, both those places are not options.

I fly to the park in the middle of the city, seeing the giant tree that sits in the middle. I glide down to the bottom and begin to climb to my favorite branch. I have my wings wrap around the wood so I won't fall through the night. I lay back, close my eyes and head to sleep. 

--

Hi! Hope this chapter was ok, it's really rushed so sorry about that. Also sorry i haven't been updating a lot. My mental health hasn't been the best lately, and I've been really busy and stressed with school but I didn't want to let you guys down so I rushed out a quick chapter for you lot!!

I'm gonna plan out the next few chapters a bit more a start writing them when I'm in a bit of a better place.

I wanted to thank you guys for the love on this book!! It Really raises my spirits so thanks<33

Comment your thoughts on the book and if you have any ideas, I will be happy to read everything!

Hope you have a great day!! Love you all<333