Chapter 15|A Single Wish

Ever since what happened last night, Zeke didn't leave my side.

Not even once.

When I opened my eyes, I found Zeke sleeping in a chair with his upper body resting on the side of my bed.

He finally looks calm. His face was so defenseless.

He looked like he doesn't have any worries in the world.

I stroked his hair as I hummed. He slowly opened his eyes and looked at me.

"Good morning, Zeke."

.

.

Father left early so we weren't able to eat breakfast with him.

It was said that Father insisted on personally putting Cosette in prison and beheading her.

They said her execution would be tomorrow.

If I was the one who did the things she did... Then perhaps I would also die like that.

But I guess it's over now. She wouldn't be able to escape prison,  right?!

Knowing Cosette... No, I trust Father. He would never let her leave his sight even for a few seconds.

While I was thinking deeply, I felt something soft hit my cheek.

"W-what?!" I melted in shame as I looked at Zeke who kissed my cheek just now.

"You were spacing off so I thought I should get your attention."

You didn't have to kiss me though! 

You could have just called my name.

"Are you excited?" He asked with a big smile on his face.

Oh right. We're going to be married next month.

"Of course."

This is payback for what you did.

I leaned closer to his face and kissed his lips.

He flinched but he didn't push me away.

He held my waist with his hand and my cheek with the other one.

We were both panting heavily as we removed ourselves from each other.

But he pulled me in for a kiss again.

I could feel my heart thumping very quickly and my cheeks getting hotter with every second that passes by.

.

"I'm glad I already fulfilled our promise." He said as he looked at me with eyes I have never seen before and a smile that he hadn't done before.

"Did...we make one?" I asked as I focused my eyes on him.

"Even if we die, we'll be together."

As soon as I heard that sentence, tears instantly fell from my eyes and I whispered the name

"Lucas?"

Suddenly, everything went black.

.

.

.

On a vast, peaceful, and grassy field, Ava and the black haired-girl were sitting beside each other. Ava buried her face in between her knees.

"What's wrong?" The girl asked.

"Of all times you could have taken me... " Ava replied as she frowned at the girl.

"You're not even happy to see me, I'm hurt." She pouted.

"I have something to ask..."

Ava turned to her and waited for the girl to continue what she was saying.

"If you have a single wish, what would it be?"

Ava was surprised by her question but she warmly smiled at the girl.

"It's to be with Lucas again," Ava said in a gentle and relieved tone.

"Well good for you, you're with him again."

"And as my gift to you, ask me any wishes. Anything."

Ava didn't say anything for a while. She was thinking about it very deeply.

"Don't separate us again. Let me live with him in this life. That's all I wish for."

The girl looked at her, surprised.

"That's all? I was going to do that anyways. Then for a bonus,"

"Even if you die, you would get reborn again just like before. But I want you to see it as a blessing and not a curse anymore."

"You would live a peaceful life and die a natural death every time you get reborn."

"And at every life, you would meet him again at some point and become lovers again."

Ava cried for the second time. She couldn't help but feel emotional as she remembered how she cursed her life every single day.

She couldn't believe that she would finally be able to see it as a blessing rather than a curse.

"For you to even do that for me, who are you?" Ava asked.

"Your creator." The girl replied as she stood up in front of Ava and held out her hand.

Ava took her hand and also stood up.

"You mean like God?" Ava asked. But the girl just shrugged.

"I said that was the last time I would help you but you always exceed my expectations."

The girl said as she slowly walked backward, away from Ava.

Then everything fades away.

.

.

.

As soon as I opened my eyes, Zeke hugged me, very tightly without the intention of letting go. I could feel my back getting wet.

Tears? Is Zeke crying? I patted his back to comfort him and said "I'm fine."

He let go of me and looked at me with tears in his eyes.

His lifeless gray eyes had finally sparkled for the very first time.

"You suddenly fainted..." He worried.

"I know... I just received a blessing, that's all."