Chapter 12

Despite the fact that it was peaceful for the rest of the day, everyone in the house was tense and on edge. Who wouldn't be when you just got attacked. By the time the sun started to set, Techno had managed to switch out the destroyed doors and cleaned up as much as his tired body could. Blood was hard to clean... but being the Blood God and Angel of Death kinda forced them into learning a few tricks in that department.

Then it suddenly klicked. Angel of Death... he had that title for centuries. Those attackers said they want to bring 'her Angel' back. How in the world did he not make the connection much earlier?!

It makes sense. Despite Techno and Phil being so close, he never got introduced to his friends life partner. He was there when Phil raised his kids on his own and never got to meet their mother. The few times he brought it up the avian always tried to avoid the subject.

At first he thought that the reason he couldn't meet her was because Wilbur... was an accident. But Phil never said a bad word about his lover and openly admitted that Tommy later was from the same mother. So he knew that his theory was more than wrong.

So maybe the reason he can't meet her... is because she can't leave her realm. Phil must have a way to visit her somehow, being a god himself and all.

More and more pieces started to fit together the more he thought about it. The 'mysterious' wife, the fact that when he met Death, Kristin, she asked him to give a message to Phil. Even the damn pendant she was wearing made sense now. It was a golden version of the heart shaped one Phil was wearing all the time.

He had to ask his friend now. As soon as he gets the opportunity, he will bring it up. And this time he won't be able to avoid the subject, big bird or not.

Techno made his way upstairs, his body begging for a break and some sleep. When he entered Phil's room, the large bird was still asleep, Ranboo still by his side. The Enderman looked up and frowned, putting down his communicator. "You look terrible..."

The Piglin huffed and sat down in the large nest as well. "I know... I'm so fucking tired too..." "I can imagine. You haven't slept in like 48 hours and fought of a swarm of intruders trying to capture Phil."

Techno just nodded and leans back, closing his eyes. "I don't want to sleep... I'm too worried that someone will try and get in again." Ranboo nodded a bit and looked back at Phil, seeing that he was still asleep. "I hope he wakes up soon... just so we see he's okay."

"Mm..." The next few minutes were spent in silence, with Techno trying his best to stay awake. The voices tried to help and kept screeching at him whenever he was too close to dozing off, but the longer he laid there, the more he got used to the voices to the point where it no longer affected him.

"Listen. I told Tubbo that we have a situation here... and that I will stay another night. We can sleep in shifts to keep watch and the crows will help us too. You don't have to stay up all night again." "Mmm... you sure?" "Yes. I can't sleep right now anyways. Just go to sleep, I'll wake you up in two or three hours to switch."

Despite the voices and his own mind protested against it, he gave into the urge to sleep and let his eyes fall shut. It didn't take long for him to finally doze off into a light, but peaceful sleep, the constant warm presence of soft feathers behind him keeping his mind somewhat at ease.

(Sorry for the shorter chapter, I needed a filler for the next one)