Chapter 5

Techno woke up a few hours later when the sun was already high in the sky. With a groan, he turned around in the bed, uncomfortable in his thick outdoor clothes that he had refused to take off earlier. Well, he needed a shower anyways, so it's not that much of a problem.

After rubbing the last few traces of sleep from his eyes, he swung his legs over the edge of the bed and dragged himself out of his room. A quick look into Phil's room showed that his friend was still asleep in his nest, a few crows sleeping there as well to keep him company. At least he looks comfortable and relaxed, so that was a good thing. Techno's heart had ached when hearing the painful cries of his friend, remembering in how much pain he had been himself when he changed into his hoglin form.

The hybrid grabbed a fresh bundle of clothes and headed to the washing room. It took a while to heat the water to a tolerable temperature, so he busied himself with washing his clothes first. It took longer than usual, thanks to his arm, but at least that meant that the water for his shower was warm enough.

It's not really a shower, more like sitting in the tub and pouring the water over himself after scrubbing himself down with soap, but who cares how you clean yourself. As long as you keep up a decent hygene, it doesn't matter how you do it. Actual showers are overrated anyways. Too much water usage if you live isolated in the tundra.

It's a little more difficult with Phil and his wings, but after living together for centuries they developed a good system on that as well. In the Arctic empire times they had to be careful with ressources, even more than now, so their system works nowadays just as well as it has back then.

Once he managed to dry himself off, again, taking his sweet time with only one arm, he fought his way into the fresh clothes. "Why can't this stupid arm heal already... stupid healing potions not working on broken bones." The real battle began when he had to do his hair. The last few days Phil had done it for him, always happily humming when Techno allowed him to braid his hair.

He tried for a good ten minutes before giving up and just let his hair fall freely down his back. He can't even do a damn ponytail by himself.

TechnoLame. No braid? Boring. Weak. TechnoChild. Need Dadza. Dependant. E. Weakling.

"Shut up Chat..." The voices kept moking him for a while before getting bored and returning back to their whispers of 'E' and 'rainbowchat'. If only he could block out those stupid voices, even just for five minutes. The silence would be more than welcomed.

Techno checked on Phil again, who was still sleeping peacefully. At least one of them can have a good sleep. The loud grumble of his stomach reminded him on how he hasn't eaten anything since yesterday's breakfast, so he went downstairs to the kitchen. "Let's see... what can i make with my stupid arm bothering me..."

He went through their chests, deciding he would just do beef with some vegetables. His cooking was decent, but a part of him already missed the food Phil makes. Sure, sometimes he is just as lazy as Techno and makes some potatoes, but most of the time he made a more complex dinner. The Piglin helped him most of the time, even if it was just cutting something or making sure nothing starts burning while Phil goes to get other ingredients.

Halfway through preparing his food he remembered that Phil could't eat it anymore. Well, he could, but it wouldn't nearly be enough to support his much larger body now. What exactly do crows eat anyways? Techno never saw Phil's birds eat, at least not when he could see it. He's pretty sure they can eat meat with how sharp their beaks and claws are.

After moving the finished food off the stove and onto a plate, he scanned through the many books they had, seeing f he found anything useful. "Everything about birds. Exotic and common. Since when do we own that one?" Techno put his food down on the small table next to the couch before grabbing the book. It looked new in comparison to most of the books in that shelf. Phil must have bought it at some point in the last year or so.

The hybrid got comfortable on the couch and opened the book, skipping through the pages. There were tons of little notes on the pages, obviously Phil's handwriting. Looks like he added his own thoughts to all the different birds that were sketched out on the pages.

"The common crow. Here we go... what do you guys eat..."

'Crows are omnivores. They eat both plant based food such as seeds or fruits as well as animal based food, like insekts or even chicken and other meats. You should never give crows any kind of food that has been processed or seasoned, as most ingredients can be harmful for the bird.'

Alright, so the easiest way to feed Phil would be raw meat, considerin his size. It would be impossible to get him satisfied with seeds or insects. Guess they have to regularly go hunting or buy large chunks of meat from the village. If it comes down to it, Techno is sure Ranboo would borrow them some emeralds to get enough food for the large Crow. That man is too rich for his own good.

Talking about Ranboo... how is Techno going to explain what happened to Phil if the young Enderman hybrid decided to come over? It was easy to hide Techno when he changed, considering he couldn't leave the Nether and he could blend in with the other hoglins, even if he was much larger than them. But Phil? How could you possibly hide a crow that is like twice as large as a human? That is too unnatural to play of as a mutation of sorts.

He put the book aside and began to eat his food, pondering over how he could either hide or explain what happened. That didn't last long though, as his ears soon picked up movement from upstairs, the wood creaking under Phil's weight. Looks like someone is finally awake.

Techno got up from his spot on the couch and put on his cloak. Time to feed the new crow.