More than Friends.

2012!! It's 6 am, my alarm clock wakes me up. I'm so exhausted, I wish I didn't have to work today. I stayed up last night until 3 am. What?! But I dont regret about it tho, cuz I spend the whole night talking to my best friend, but this time our conversation was really intense. 

It's a little bit crazy to consider him my best friend because we've been knowing each other for nearly 2 months and just throught e-mails, texts and phone calls. But i feel like I know him forever. We have so many things in common and we really respect and appreciate each other for who we are. 

But, How did we start talking in first place? We don't know each other in person as I mentioned before, and the answer to this question it's a little bit hard to explain. So, here's a little throwback; I'm a model and a VS Angel. I was borned an raised in Africa, Namibia to be more specific. When I was 15 years old i was scouted by a model agency in South Africa, so my modeling career began really early and it grew incredibly fast. Also I started working for Victoria's Secret when I was 18 years old, back in 2007. since that moment I moved to NYC, at first I hated this city, it is cold and full of people, but now I love it. Once you go out and take a walk, there are so many things to explore in here. Anyway, back to the main topic. 

Being a VS Angel has a lot of perks. I have appeared in five editions of the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, which it's a huge deal, so far so good. - It's April which means Spring, I love it but I'm still waiting for the summer. Back in March i was hired to be a part of a music video for an incrdible, super succesful band, Maroon 5. The frontman Adam Levine and I have some friends in common, they linked us and we got each others info. He sended me the next e-mail:

To: Behati Prinsloo

From: Adam Levine

"Hi Behati, I'm Adam from Maroon 5. I'm really glad that you're joining us on this short film project. The idea for the video is very simple but it's gonna be really huge. I can't wait to meet you so we can start working already. And again thanks for taking the job"

It was a very professional e-mail, but it didn't last. We kept in touch and talking everyday. It has been really amazing because I got the chance of meeting the real Adam Levine. Not just the playboy, the rock star or the celebrity. The side of Adam that I know now it's very down earth, sweet and charming. He's a guy that cares about his family and friends, a very respectful guy and he's in fact so interesting. I could just talk to him forever without getting enough of it. He's just that friend that is always there for you no matter what, a great advicer and supporter. But last night everything changed, our conversation took another road and we started seeing a different side of each other. I mean yeah I've always think Adam it's attractive and probably he's a really good boyfriend, we have so many things in common and we get along really well, but... He's still Adam Levine and that implies that after all he's a womanizer and a ladies man. Idk it's just that by the very first time we flirted last night and it was really intense. He definetly made me feel something, maybe I'm a little into him, ok maybe I like him more than just a friend and maybe this is a risk I need to take. I definetly love the idea of dating someone different, someone with a much more free spirit but that at the same could protect me and me feel be loved. 

- Bee wake up!!! - Yells at me Ed Razek - You're lost today. Get back to earth and let's finish the photoshoot Angel! - Ed is my boss, he's always supervising every VS photoshoot and he's right I was completely lost in my thoughs, but now back to work.

.................................................

Another succesful photoshoot ended. I being making part of the main VS photoshoots and commercials since the beggining of the year, I'm so blessed. But I'm still getting to use to this, it's completely different from what I used to do for the VS sub-brand Pink, also it's really hard to concetrate if I can't get Adam out of my head. I just can't stop thinking about the fact that he wants to meet me in person, because he likes me, he said, he actually likes me.