восемнадцать

new york america

new york
america

AFTER
natasha

The facility was mostly empty when I returned from Washington. I was mostly glad that I didn't have the entire team waiting for me when I got back. Though still, I imagined upon my return they'd all be waiting for me in the hanger bay. They'd be asking questions on where I was and why I disappeared.

After all, not one of them texted me or contacted me when I left so suddenly. When the jet touched down I wondered if they had even realized I was gone.

The hallways seemed colder to me as I walked down them, my go bag heavy in my hands. To keep my mind from going too dark, I distracted myself with my phone.

An email from Athena loaded into my message board.

Natasha,

I hope all goes well in Washington. Please let me know if the mission goes well or if I need to continue my search.

I enjoyed our time together and I hope I am to see you soon. Perhaps I shall visit soon, and you can treat me with one of those burgers you are so fond of.

Athena Lackner
BLACK SUN

Her message made me smile and I paused momentarily. Athena and I went back years. In my life, I've known her nearly as long as I've known Clint. And while maybe it's not to the extent of Clint and I'd relationship, it was nice to know that I had at least her in my corner.

Thank you for all of your help. You don't need to search anymore, I found her. I'll tell you all about it over that burger

Natasha :)

I debated sending that message for only a moment. Not many people know of my feelings towards woman and with Athena now being one of them, I didn't want her to confuse my friendliness with flirtatiousness.

Athena was a beautiful woman and perhaps in another life I would be attracted to her in that way. Surely I could imagine myself imagining being with her if I were different. But the both of us were much too hot headed, and there was only ever one person who ever was on my mind.

As I walked into my bedroom and locked the door behind me, I couldn't help but think of the Stockholm type syndrome that I must have had with Galina. Our lives were intertwined so intensely from the beginning, is it natural for my feelings for her or were they just another product of the Red Room? And if they were, could we have been the only one?