Thirteen

Jeff watched with a smile as Evelyn cooked dinner in the kitchen of his apartment. She was wearing one of his hoodies and short shorts while she danced around rapping while she cooked. At this point, she practically lives with him but he's not complaining. There's nothing he'd rather do than spend time with her.

He set the table for her as she set their plates of food down. Evie smiled and sat down, ready to dig in. Nerf ran up to her and jumped on her leg.

"Nerf!" Jeff pushed the dog down and waved him away. Evie giggled as he sat down to eat as well. "So, how's the show been going?"

"Pretty well actually." she smiled. "There's been a lot of good feedback from the viewers which is amazing and being on set there just makes me so happy."

Jeff smiled. He loved hearing her talk about her job because she always seems so proud of it.

"So, have you got around to telling your producers yet?" he asked.

Evelyn sighed. She knew that she had to tell them about her pregnancy for her own safety when on set. Although the show doesn't involve many stunts that would cause physical harm, they need to know just in case.

"No, I haven't." she looked at her lap. "But I promise I will. I just don't want it to get out to the public."

"It's confidential Angel, they can't tell the public without your consent. That being said..."

"I'm still not ready to tell everyone Jeff." she stopped him from finishing his sentence. He sighed and took a bite of his food. "I'm sorry, I'm just anxious about how they'll all react."

"It's fine." he shrugged. "I mean, do you realize how hard it is to not tell my parents whenever we're on the phone?" he laughed lightly making her smile. "I mean, last time I was talking to my mom and she asked what I did that day and I almost told her about our doctors appointment."

"Maybe, you can tell your family." she said softly. His eyes lit up. "I mean, I don't really have much family but if you want to tell yours it's okay."

"Are you sure?"

"Of course, you seem so excited about it." she laughed. Jeff stood up and pulled Evelyn out of her seat and into a hug. "What's this for?"

"I'm just so happy to have you in my life." he whispered in her ear. She smiled and pulled back to look at him.

"Really?"

"Yeah." he shrugged his shoulders with a smile. "You've just like, really made me happy these last few months, you know?"

"I make you happy?" she asked with a smile.

"Mhm, you're my beautiful baby mama." he scooped her up bridal style making her laugh. Jeff laughed as well and ran to the living room. He laid her on the couch and climbed on top of her.

"Jeff!" she squealed. They were both laughing when Evelyn's phone began ringing. She groaned and pulled it out to see it was Claire calling her.

"What's up?" she asked into the phone.

"Are you at Jeff's house right now?"

Evelyn rolled her eyes. "Why?"

"Well, I was thinking we could all hang out."

"Claire, you haven't talked to me all week, now all of a sudden you want to hang out?"

"Yeah, why not?"

"Well, no we can't. We're about to leave."

"Oh where are you guys going I'll just meet you there."

Jeff groaned in annoyance and laid down on Evelyn fully. She ran her fingers through his hair while listening to Claire.

"Okay, I'll just go to Jeff's apartment complex. I'll see you later."

Before Evelyn could even respond, Claire hung up the phone.

"We have to go to David's." Evelyn shook her head and got up.

"What? Why?" Jeff asked.

"Because Claire is on her way here." she grit out, running her hand through her hair.

"Oh fuck, we have to run."

- - -

liked by daviddobrik, heathhussar, and 183,348 othersEvie me and my paltagged: jeff

Evie me and my pal
tagged: jeff

jeff: you look so hot
jeff: oh shit sorry nerf stole my phone

user: OH. MY. GOSH.

username: #jevelyn
user2: YES

daviddobrik: where's the pic creds
Evie: up your ass

maiamitchell: mommy
jeff: if she's mommy then that means I'm...
natalinanoel: her child

- - -