Three

Evelyn

July 11th
Los Angeles, California

When we entered the house, I quickly became aware of how many people were actually apart of this friend group. I was introduced to their known leader, David Dobrik, and then everyone else.

Zane and I clicked immediately and I love his energy. Scotty and Todd are hilarious. Jason is a little strange but still funny. And then there's the girls who were very welcoming to Mariah and myself.

The doorbell rang and someone went to answer it over all of the noise.

"Ay, Jeff! You made it!" someone cheered. My heart dropped and I put a hand on my stomach. I completely forgot he'd be here.

When he walked in the room with David I looked anywhere but him, quickly engaging into a conversation with Natalie.

Later on, I was grabbing myself a water when I felt a hand on my arm. I turned around and was surprised to see Jeff standing there.

"Hey, uh, Evie right?" he asked.

"Uh yeah." I nodded and gave him a small smile. "And you're Jeff."

"Yeah." he laughed huskily which sent butterflies off in my stomach. "I'm sorry, you probably think I'm weird for coming up to you but you just seem so familiar. I can't put my finger on it."

"I think I know what you're referring to." I laughed. He raised his brows. "Do you remember a month ago, going to a club with Heath?" he squinted his eyes in thought before nodding. "Well, I was there with Mariah."

His eyes widened before he grabbed my hand and pulled me outside, away from everyone.

"You were my one night stand?" he questioned.

"Yes." I mumbled, slightly ashamed. He probably thinks I'm some whore.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound rude. I'm just surprised is all." he said.

"Why are you surprised?" I asked as we sat down beside the small fire pit.

"Well, first of all, you're beautiful." he chuckled making me blush and look into the fire. "And second of all, I didn't think I'd hit it off so well with one of Mariah's friends."

I laughed a little before shivering due to the slight breeze outside. Jeff must have noticed because he slipped his jacket off of his shoulders and passed it to me.

"Oh no, I wouldn't want you to get cold." I gave him a small smile.

"Trust me, I'll be fine." he laughed. I took the jacket and draped it over my shoulders, embracing the warmth of it and his scent.

"Jeff, um, I really need to tell you something about that night." I told him. He scooted closer to me and leaned in, letting me know he was listening. "God, I don't know how to tell you this."

"What was I that bad in bed?" he questioned jokingly.

"Jeff!" my eyes widened and I smacked his arm. "But no, god no you weren't." he laughed. "Actually the thing I need to tell you is, I'm--"

"Hey look at these two lovebirds!" a very drunk Zane stumbled out of the house with David in tow holding his camera. My cheeks reddened and I put my head down letting my hair fall and cover my face.

"Hey man, she doesn't wanna be in the vlog." Jeff told David, his Staten Island accent slipping through.

"Oh come on Evie." David walked over to us.

"No thank you David." I laughed nervously at the camera being pointed in my face.

"Fine." he sighed. "I'll let you get back to your love confessions."

I rolled my eyes at that and looked back at Jeff who was giving David an 'are you dumb?' look making me laugh.

"Jeff?"

"Yes angel?" he turned his attention back to me and I blushed at the nickname.

"I'm pregnant." I blurted out.

"W-What?" he stuttered out and moved away from me. The movement made my face fall. See, now he doesn't even want to be near me.

"That night, we forgot to use protection and now I'm pregnant." I said slowly.

"No, you can't be." he shook his head. "I-It can't be mine!"

"Please, keep your voice down." I said quietly, looking at my hands.

"But Evie, I can't have a baby. You have to be mistaken, it's not mine." Jeff began ranting about how he swore he used protection and each word that came out of his mouth made me sadder and sadder.

I accidently sniffled, feeling tears well up in my eyes and he stopped freaking out.

"Fuck Evie, I'm sorry." he cupped my face and wiped my tears. "I'm fucking sorry, I didn't mean to do this to you."

"It's okay." I whispered.

"It's not. Fuck, I ruined your life." he brought his hands up to his face and fell backwards on the couch.

I frowned. "Jeff, no you didn't." I pulled him back up to me. He looked in my eyes and I put my hand on one of him. "I don't expect you to want this baby, I get that it's a lot to handle. If you don't want any part of it, I'll just say I got knocked up by some random guy at a party. We never even have to speak to each other again, I promise."

"I don't want that." he shook his head, holding onto my hand. "I-I'm sorry it's just a lot to take in. I'm gonna have a kid." he stared at my stomach in disbelief. "I'm gonna help you out, okay? I'm not letting you do this alone."

"Really?" I was hopeful that he actually meant it.

"Yeah." he smiled at me before pulling me into a hug. I released a long breath into his neck and tightened my arms around his neck.

"Thank you Jeff." I whispered tearfully. "I was so scared you'd abandon us."

"I'd never do that to any girl, even if it wasn't you." he said. "You don't deserve that."

We held each other in silence for a few more seconds before Jeff spoke.

"I'm gonna be a dad." he whispered in disbelief. I laughed lightly. "I'm gonna be a dad!" he whisper-yelled, putting his hand on my stomach. I smiled at his excitement.

"Do you think we can keep it a secret for a while?" I asked. "I don't want it on social media and to make it easier, let's just keep it between us."

"Are you sure?" he asked.

"Yeah, I wouldn't want to ruin your image by being known as the girl who's ruining your life by being knocked up with your baby." I laughed.

"You're not ruining my life." he shook his head. "Yeah, this might set me back for a while but I'll figure it out. This is just as much my fault, I don't want you blaming yourself."

"Thank you so much Jeff." I breathed out, hugging him again.

For the first time in a month, I felt completely relaxed with him.

- - -