A Quest of Trouble

I walked back to the place to sign up for quests.

I figured I might as well get on a good track.

The quest we had done before was the lowest ranking, and I felt really weak for a moment but then I remembered Geve saying there had been no hatchlings for over four years, so that ment everyone had four years to become stronger.

I bit my lip. I would have to work hard to get better.

I signed up for the quest and returned to the forest. The 'baby' monster appeared as soon as I entered, it snarled and growled.

As it leaped for me I ducked and wacked it. I opened the spell book, scolding myself for not looking before.

Summoning basic attacks: Summon a skeleton. "I summon you!" I yelled pointing my staff into the air like the book commanded.

The staff was supposed to know my thoughts and would do the work. The ground rumbled, and a skeleton, bones and all crawled out of the ground.

The monster jumped for me again and I skillfully dodged it, sliding under the beast.

It tumbled, and the skeleton leaped, and started punching the monster. I jumped into the air, wacking the monster heroically.

The monster slowly glittered and vanished. Only two hits thanks to the skeleton. The skeleton stood up properly and turned motionless.

I opened my book. It wouldn't vanish unless I returned it or it was defeated.

This would be easy! It took longer without Geve but the thought that I gained all the points satisfied me enough.

Finally, skeleton and I made it to the boss. It drooled, and snarled giving me a shiver of disgust.

The boss leaped at me and I ran behind a tree. It had always gone after Geve, not me....

The skeleton blindly ran at the boss. Hitting recklessly in the process and opening itself to it's deadly claws.

"Don't!" I yelled. The boss turned around, wacking the skeleton with one of it's paws and it crumbled to pieces.

It vanished and a grey smoke arose, returning to my staff's tip.

 I ran from the tree, hitting it's legs as it wasn't looking.

To blind for happiness of defeating something for once.

It fell, but quickly recovered and leaped up, hitting me directly.

I flew to a tree, and never once touching the ground on the way.

A branch sliced my arm as my body harshly penetrated the rough surfaced tree.

"Ahh!" I screamed clutching my injury.

I was now a couple twenty feet away from my death and it started charging.

I struggled up, and started running at it too, seconds before it hit me I crouched down.

It flew over me and I jabbed it stomach and it tripped, harshly slamming into the tree it had ironically propelled me into seconds before.

I turned around, hitting it twice before it vanished.

My bracelet binged and I sighed. Collapsing to the ground.

That was too hard. I leaned agenst a tree and looked up into the sky. It was getting dark.

I should start heading back before I got into more trouble. I stumbled up, looking at my arm finally.

A large redness engulfed my upper arm. It stinged as I touched it, had the boss scratched it?

I returned to the city eventually after a pathetic treck through the woods. It was dark by now, and I wanted to sleep.

Where would I sleep?

Did people sleep?

Where was everyone?

The amount of people in the streets had declined dramatically.

One man had stopped and tried to investigate my status but I quickly avoided him.

It was too dark for anyone to notice the hatchling me either.

I eventually found a empty alley and I leaned against a wall, collapsing onto the ground.

I had used my staff to lean on before but once it's job was done it returned to my bracelet. I closed my eyes.

Trying to ignore the pain dwelling and throbbing in my arm.

The light, whatever light it was, was warm and welcoming, it begged me to join it but I was stuck on the cold ground.

A flash of illogical black lines covered my field of vision and the whiteness returned.

I called out to someone, anyone but there was no reply.

I remembered the injury I had acquired earlier and when I looked to check on it I found nothing.

It was as if it never happened. I smiled to myself and returned to sleep but I did not find it.

I argily sat up.

"What?" I grumbled. Black lines circled me and then beneath me.

Rumbling as the ground hit the part of my body touching the ground.

I screamed out then everything stopped.

Then darkness.

__________________________________________

Sorry for it being so short, I wanted the other stuff to be in another chapter and I was simply at a loss, anyways comment and vote! :)