New Start-Up

The area I landed in had circular symbols everywhere.

A girl, human walked up to me, with red hair. "Hiya, I'm Geve. I'm your guardian." She said.

I glanced at the other people, pulling the knuckle of my index finger to my lips

. "Don't worry about them. They just wanted to see the new hatchling. Come with me. We need to start working." She said taking my free wrist, dragging me into the crowd, people made way.

They kept staring. We went into the streets of the city.

"To survive in this world you need to kill monsters. Monsters come in different forms. If they aren't Chobi, Human, or Bevet they are monsters. When you kill a monster you get points on your bracelet." She said showing me the black bracelet around my wrist that I didn't notice.

"Points are necessary for survival. You trade points for food, clothing, armor, and more. When you buy something you lose points when they scan it with your permission. When you buy food- well it's self explanatory you stay alive. You need armor to resist monster attacks. Now, onto skill and strength. Skill helps people with aim, and basically everything but fighting with power. Strength is what changes the decision of winning or losing. It's silly but if you have more strength you do more damage. So that's why your type is so uncommon. Skill helps with aim, like bow and arrows, mastering summoning, and just being smarter. Thought, no one really wants that when they chose their race. Quick points, they always say. Let's move on. You specialize in one weapon. Swords, bows, or staffs. All have different types. Swords are basic and simple. They specialize in close combat. Bows are a bit more tricky and specialize in long distance. Staffs are suggested for Bevets. They summon or cast spells. You can summon monsters to do your work or you can summon elements and it gets more complex." She said stopping in front of a shop.

She walked in. I followed her. It was a weapon shop.

"Barb! We got the hatchling!" Geve yelled.

"You get on free beginer weapon. Barb specializes in this stuff." She added.

A white haired Chobi appeared, glasses, and books in hand.

"Your name?" He asked.

"Sara." I replied.

"Bevet. I haven't seen one in a while. They usually take bows. How do you feel about that?" He asked. I shrugged.

"Barb, I don't think her personality has completely set in yet." Geve sort of whispered.

"It has. It always does. She's shy, and trying to act calm." Barb said, stabbing me into the heart.

It felt dead on.

"I would suggest a staff, but it's your choice in the end." He said.

"Come child." He said, waving me over.

"Beginner weapons shouldn't be judged by their appearance but the upgrade appearances. You won't have your first weapon for long." He explained and we came to three weapons.

A plain sword, dull possibly. A wooden bow. A wooden staff.

 "The sword will benefit quickly, and is popular. The bow takes practice but you will prosper once mastered. The staff will always be your ally." Barb said backing up.

I observed them.

My palms were getting sweaty. So I started thinking.

"The staff." I said. They didn't say anything at first, hesitating.

Waiting for me to change my mind.

I didn't.

A sword seemed so bland. Too straight forward, and I just didn't like the bow.