Chapter 41 Any Way Out?

"Zane!?" Nya gasped when she noticed the nindroid in front of her. 

She wasn't sure what exactly happened.

It was all so fast.

All she knew for certain was that the sludges had escaped the bracelets and had now consumed the gang members...

...and her friends. 

"Not again!" 

Nya whipped her head around to find Seliel backing away from a purplish and grey version of Cole. 

His violet, pupil-less eyes narrowed at the pink-haired girl. He growled under his breath as he inched closer to her. 

Zane resembled the same in front of the water master, staring daggers at the pair of siblings and Chamille. 

The police officers with them then raised their tasers. 

"Wait!" Nya shouted. 

BAM!

"Gah!" Nya turned back around at the ice master. He fell to his knees, gasping for air. She searched around but couldn't find anyone who had struck him. However, she soon noticed a green liquid seeping into Zane's neck.

BAM!

BAM!

BAM!

One by one, the elementals around her were being hit by this green liquid. They each fell to ground, groaning in pain. Their skin color slowly shifted back to normal, and the glow from their eyes disappeared. 

Finally, Nya noticed a figure, dressed in orange clothing, on the roof across from her. When the figure waved towards her, the water master knew what had happened.

"Skylor!" she called out. 

"Are you all alright!?" a new voice exclaimed. Nya turned to find Master Wu racing up from the stairs with Misako and Pixal right behind him. 

"Yeah... Yeah, I think so..." Nya mumbled. She watched Wu head over to the fallen earth master that Seliel was helping sit up. The Master of Water then looked back to find Kai and Chamille doing the same with Zane. 

However, when the events from earlier found their way to the front of Nya's mind, she panicked.

"Jay!" she spat before running over to the edge of the building. Staring down at the alley, she noticed the ginger was in a heated battle with the Master of Speed. 

Actually, it was more of Jay getting punched several times and rarely allowed to hit back. The deranged elemental finally tackled Jay to the ground and growled from under his mask. 

Before Nya could jump down the fire escape, though, Pixal rushed to her side. The android aimed a miniature-sized cannon towards the darkened figure. 

POW!

"GAH!" the Master of Speed spat before collapsing to the ground next to the unconscious ninja.

A smoke bomb had shot out from the weapon. However, green liquid landed on Turner instead of a cloud of smoke. Nya turned to look at the Samurai. 

"Lloyd's powers... remember? We had him release bits of his power into the--"

The android didn't even have time to finish before the water master raced down the steps of the fire escape and over to the lightning master. 

"Jay!" she cried. 

"Ah! I'm up!" 

Luckily, her shouting was enough to awaken the ginger. He sat up quickly before groaning in regret.