Chapter 37 Plan of Action

A/n: ... Let the battle begin...

Silence.

All Borg could hear was the faint scribbling from his pencil. He had told his employees that he was staying late yet again to finish some paperwork. The light of the moon and the faint glow from his desk lamp were the only sources of anything bright in his dreaded situation. His pulse quickened while the ticking clock on the wall mocked him. His gaze dared to take a glance at the invention behind him. A white sheet covered it not only from prying eyes but as a sort of denial.

He wasn't a traitor. He wasn't a monster for helping a dark cause. He didn't have a choice. They had his daughter. They took the only person he truly cared about. They were the monsters. It wasn't his fault who got hurt...

Beep. Beep. Ding!

Borg snapped his head upward at the sight of the elevator. He pushed his glasses up with a shakey hand. Harumi and her lackeys flooded the scene. He gulped nervously as the tiny princess made her way towards his desk. His eyes trailed over to spot a familiar sight.

What was his name again?

Right... Jay.

The young man was a student at his school. From what he saw from his file, he was smart. Extremely smart in the field of inventing. Something Borg could definitely relate to.

Before all hell broke loose, Borg had thought about inviting the young man to his work for an intership.

But now... seeing the blazing red eyes on the freckled face teen made him think that was now a distant dream.

"Not my fault... not my fault," Borg whispered to himself.

"You have the device ready?" Harumi asked.

"First, l-let me see Pixal," Borg stuttered, staring daggers at the wicked princess. Harumi glared him down for a moment before snapping her fingers. A figure emerged from behind the group. Pixal's fiery gaze was examining an I-Pad that Borg had guessed belonged to his security team.

"All systems are down. No one will know we were even here," Pixal explained with a monotone voice.

"And the security guards?" Harumi asked.

"All neutralized. As I said before, not a single soul will discover our presence, your majesty," Pixal stated sharply.

"Good." Harumi replied before turning back to Borg. "Invention. Now. You know the consequences."

Jay lifted his hand. Bits of electricity flew between his fingers. He then pointed the high voltage hand towards Pixal who remained unfazed.

Borg's heart skipped a beat before wheeling away from his desk.

"Alright! Alright!" Borg shouted before moving towards the white sheet in the corner. Harumi followed him closely, keeping an eye on the inventor's hands. Borg yanked the sheet off to reveal a rather small device. It glistened against the moonlight. It was a tiny remote resting on top of a cart. It was Borg's invention. His creation. Yet... he wish he could burn it to ash.

"Will it work?" Harumi asked.

"Of course it will... it's a curse really," Borg mumbled, complaining about himself. Harumi smirked at the sight before snatching the remote. She pocketed the device before heading over to her group.

"Your majesty?"

Harumi turned back around towards the inventor. She raised an eyebrow until her gaze spotted a switch hiddened underneath his hand. A weak smile found its way across Borg's lips. "Take this!"