chapter three

Chapter three

.

"You use your mouth for talking and not your eyes. Miss Young."

"That is a very personal issue to me and l don't like discussing it."

He stared at me skeptically for a long moment, he seemed like a quiet nice guy to me. If I could count all the times he would regard me silently. I desperately wanted to know what he was thinking of. I remembered the red head that was with him the last time I saw him at the restaurant and I wondered if she was his girl.

"I never took you for a private person." He said quietly as if talking to himself and I shook my head.

"You don't know anything about me." I muttered angrily. "Is the red-head woman your girlfriend?"

Oh god, did I just say that? Anyway he didn't seem surprised at my question so I guessed he was not offended nor baffled by my boldness.

"No Miranda." it would have hurt me if he said yes. I've been used to rejection from men, and now that he has given me assurance that the pretty red-head woman was not his girl friend, the tension eased out of me slightly. If only he knew that his in-human hotness gives me erotic thoughts that fill my dream at night.

"You seem too nice, not to have a girl friend" I muttered

He placed his elbows on the table with his fingers interlocked and he smirked. "Do you see me as a nice guy?" He asked trying to hide his amusement but failed.

"Yes sir." I replied

"Looks can be deceiving princess. I'm a bad boy and I don't play nice"

"Are you trying to scare me away like you do at the restaurant? Because it's not going to work" I said gallantly, maybe he is going to reject me after all, if only I knew where the conversation would lead. It would shatter my heart if he denies me.

"That's exactly what I intend to do." He said with a mischievous smile. It was so cute that I melted under the hot stare like ice. I wanted to know why he wanted me here. Damn, he leaned back in his leather chair and I could tell that he looked extremely pleased.

"I know how you crave for my attention Miranda and I'm so hard to please. If you fall for me it would be at your own risk."

My face fell. He didn't want me; I would have done anything to keep him if he were mine. Of course how can he like someone like me? I couldn't hold back the tears. Why? I shouldn't be crying because he had just said it to my face that I am undesirable and unworthy. I've heard enough I should go now, but not until I give him a piece of my mind.

"I think you're a coward sir to hide under false pretence." I snapped and rose on my feet.

His eyes widened and I could swear that his pupils dilated, they mysteriously darkened with anger. He frowned, released his fingers and then laughed as he leaned forward. "You won't be saying that, if you knew what I want to do with you."

"Try me." I snapped trying my best to sound tough.

He scoffed. "Alright miss, you asked for it. Come here."

I moved towards the polished table, my heart racing wildly in my chest, he was mouth watering desirable like a juicy meal in a dessert and I was tempted to swoon as his eyes moved greedily on my body. He looked half amused and half pissed as he tore his eyes away from my body slowly and leaned down to open the table drawer. He brought out a white paper bag and then gave it to me, which I collected with shaky hands.

"This," he said slowly "is my proposal to you Miranda. I know you may find it funny, but I want you to read this and by tomorrow you would see for yourself who the real coward is I wouldn't be surprised if you refuse come back"

I swallowed hard. What does he mean? He stared into my eyes for a brief moment. "You may go now; I would have my body guard escort you. And if you don't mind I may ask my driver to take you home."

"I don't mind, thank you sir."

"You wouldn't be thanking me tomorrow." He said to himself not wanting me to hear but I heard. He furiously punched the screen of his iPhone.

I have never heard something as terrifying and mysterious as this. He looked at me coolly, but every word he said sent shivers down my spine. I hurried out of the office holding the paper bag carefully and to my surprise there was a tall heavily built man with a dirty blond hair waiting for me he was in a well pressed black suit. He ceased talking to the receptionist as I approached. "This way please, Miss Young."

I opened my mouth to protest, because he was leading me in the opposite direction, not the way I came. But I knew better so I kept my mouth shut and followed his lead. He led me to the executive parking lot where he opened the back door of the black Rolls Royce ghost for me and I entered gracefully. Once the 'heavy weight champion' entered the drivers' sit and started the car I signed and gave him directions. The creepy boss turned out to be the guy I had a crush on, if any body tells me that the world would end tomorrow I would believe without doubt.