Lupin the 3rd World: Prologue

It was a dark and stormy night as Inspector Zenigata drives up to the old abandoned castle where Lupin's body was at after the execution. Once he arrived at the castle, Zenigata enters and runs down a long flight of stairs until he finally reached the coffin where Lupin's body is placed in. Determined if Lupin is really dead, Zenigata opens the coffin and sees Lupin's dead face with a smirk on his face and chuckle coming out of him. "Give it a rest, Lupin, will 'ya? All right, now let's see just how far you're willing to take this little..." Zenigata then takes out a stake from his coat. "...charade... ALL THE WAY TO THE GRAVE!!!!" He then uses it to impale the body with it but it explodes along with the coffin.

Zenigata was unscathed from the explosion as he moves the debris out of the way and sees Lupin there alive and well with a smirk on his face and a chuckle to boot. Zenigata was shocked by this turn of events. "Heh, the old "exploding Lupin" trick and you fell for it." Zenigata gets back up still shocked by this while Lupin is upside down. "Lupin! You're alive!" But Zenigata was still shocked as he screamed a bit. "But you died last Spring!" "Yeah, I know I heard that rumor, too." "Ha! So you're telling me that you had nothing to do with it, huh?" I'm really just as mystified as you are, Pops." Zenigata grabs a stick and gets back up. "WHAT KIND OF FOOL DO YOU THINK I AM?!" He then swing it at Lupin but he dodges it before jumping off the ceiling to stand right side up

"Whoa! Hey, take it easy!" Zenigata then chases after Lupin up the stairs. "Get back here! LUPIN!!!" But when Zenigata reaches the top of the castle, he sees Lupin standing by a hang glider. "What the hell are you up to?" Lupin didn't give him an answer but lets out a chuckle as he readies the hang glider, causing Zenigata to become shocked as Lupin gets on the glider. "I'd say, "At least several hundred feat with any luck", see ya!" He then launches the hang glider and flies off. "What the hell?!" The glider with lupin riding it starts flying away as Zenigata runs after it. "Hey! HEY!!!" Lupin starts chuckling after getting away from Zenigata. "Bye, catch 'ya later!" Zenigata stops his tracks and looks out. "Damn it! Listen here! You can run all you want, but you can't hide forever! Oh, I knew it! I knew you were alive!" He then starts laughing maniacally. "Nobody understands you the way I do, Lupin, not nobody! And I'm gonna catch you if it takes every last damn breath in my body! You hear that!" Lupin then flies off into the distance as Zenigata takes out his gun and fires out angrily.