Stardust Crusaders World: Prologue

In the year 1983, somewhere off the coast of Africa, a group of sailors found a coffin buried in the bottom of the ocean. "No way, we got it! That treasure's been at the bottom of the ocean for a hundred years! And now what ever's in it is ours!" "Hey, stay calm! We gotta get it on the boat before we start celebrating." "Yeah, I know. I know. Up we go!" Two of the sailors then started to pull the coffin aboard. "That thing looks too long and narrow to be a treasure chest." "Just do your job! You're liftin' it too high!"

~~~~

"Okay, on three! One... Two... Three!" The sailors finally set the coffin down. "Oh right. C'mon, crack it open already!" "Hold on, wait. This is bizarre. It seems like this thing was lodged from the inside." "Who the hell cares? Just bust it open!" "Just give a sec. Somethin's written on it." Then the sailor used a knife to crack a barnacle to peaces to reveal some letters in place. "D.I.O. "Dio". Is that someone's name?" "I don't care! Just freakin' open it up! The sun's about to go down, and I don't wanna be countin' treasure in the dark!" "Okay, I hear 'ya." "I'm gonna go get the blow torch." "And then we can start dividin' up our loot!"

~~~~

The next day came.

One day, an unmanned cruiser was found drifting at sea. The boat was still in perfect working order, and there was no sign of a struggle. In the galley, three cups of coffee sat half full, and a steel box ripped apart with a blow torch lay open and empty on the deck. But inside the box were two compartments, like it had been designed to protect something. It was widely believed to have contained some sort of treasure. But after a few months, the incident was forgotten.