Chapter 9

Ever since that day I noticed strange occurrences happening within this school. The number one being I saw the Vice Principal at almost every corner during school.

It was mildly creepy, the way she was watching me. Like I was some sort of project that she needed to observe. I don't think my friends noticed, or if they did they didn't say anything. Which was unlike them because nowadays we told each other everything. We had become a tight-knit group and I couldn't imagine my life without these girls.

I had also noticed the female teachers were almost synchronized. They knew what the other was doing and could plan accordingly towards that. It was both creepy and yet cool to see that they were so close. It was also like they knew what was going on in the school every hour of the day. There was sets of eyes on us, which did not help the being watched factor.

It was the weekend and we were currently hanging out in the courtyard, garden area. It was a nice little study area that the school had for it's students - but a lot of the girls came out here just to chill and talk with one another. There was so much here that I had no idea existed, and Leia was all too excited to show me the schools features. The major one she loved being the schools fountain that sat in the middle of the garden.

"It's so relaxing out here..." Leia sighed as she leaned against the fountain. We've been out here for ten minutes already, just doing our homework and listening to some of our favorite tunes. Mila and Sloan sat on the opposite side of us with their own homework.

Mila nodded her head in agreement, a soft smile on her face. "I had always thought it was magical out here..." She admitted, and I could feel it. The magic that radiated from the plants around here, the sweet aroma of the nectarine and pollen. If I didn't know any better I'd think we were at Hogwarts, but we weren't learning magic. That would have been much more fun to learn than what we actually were learning.

"This would be a pretty painting," Sloan added as an afterthought. "I should come out here and paint sometime." Sloan was very artistic. She enjoyed drawing and painting, which I thought was surprising. If anything I thought Mila would have been the artistic twin.

"I'd love to watch you paint sometime," I commented, earning a grin from the blond, forest green eyes glittering at my comment.

"It would be fun to have someone watch me paint for once!" Sloan agreed, nodding her head. "Though it's not as exciting as it sounds," she warned me, making me laugh at her antics.

"Tenley would have loved this..." Leia stated softly, making us go sober at the thought. She would have loved this, and I hated that she was not here. I didn't even get to know her like I wanted to, which would have been so much fun. She seemed like the person I would have been great friends with - we had so much in common, and I loved her fiery personality.

We were talking like she was dead, when in reality she was probably just with her family. Maybe she got pulled out of school early for some reason and didn't get the chance to tell us. I am not aware of how this school works in that since if you were able to do that or not.

"I wonder how she got out..." Sloan mused, tapping her pointer finger on her chin in thought. "From what I know about this school it's hard to even get requested out, even for family emergencies."

"I thought it was strange they said that," Mila nodded her head in agreement, "we would have known if she got suspended for something, though it would be odd since Jenna didn't get suspended for punching Jennifer Massey in the nose..."

"Only because the parents aren't here to sue," I chuckled as I flipped through a magazine. It was one of those gamer magazines that I've read plenty of times before, one of the few things I brought from outside of this school. "If her parents were here I for sure would have gotten into more trouble." That's usually how it worked. The parents cared far more than the kids did if they got hurt.

"You'd be more than just in trouble..." Sloan chuckled at me, making me raise an eyebrow at her to prompt her to continue. "Jennifer's parents are aristocrats. Massey's rich rich. Honestly she could probably buy herself out of this school if she wanted to..." She rolled her eyes at the thought.

"She's rich? Interesting..." I murmured, flipping another page through my magazine. "Why she here then? Isn't this a place for troubled kids girls?" At least that was the impression I got, though I could always be horribly wrong.

"No. It's just a regular boarding school," Leia was the one who answered, making me glance over at her. "It's not a well-known school, but anyone can get in if they apply. It's meant to be a better place for learning than a regular public school. Less distractions because no boys," she rolled her eyes at that.

I just snorted at that. "Less distractions my ass." Obviously they didn't know Professor Clemons was here, or realize that being not straight was a thing. Girls could easily become distractions for each other. It didn't matter if there was boys in the classes to make us less distracted.

Leia snorted at that and was about to reply when heavy footsteps could be heard coming our way. The four of us lifted our heads, my eyes blinking in surprise when I saw Jennifer's posse heading our way - and they did not look happy.

"Alright Daughtery, what did you do to her?" The one snapped, narrowing her eyes at me as if I had something to do with her being missing.

"Slow down there Annette," Mila frowned, glancing between me and her. "What do you mean what did Jenna do? She's been with us the whole time!" She defended me, crossing her arms over her chest defiantly. I gave Mila a grateful look.

Annette huffed, placing her hands on her hips in a sassy way. "Then where's Jenny? We haven't seen her since lunch."

That made me blink. Jennifer was missing? I glanced over at Leia who also had a shocked look on her face. "I've been out here this whole time. I have witnesses! I don't hate Massey enough to try and make her disappear," I scoffed, rolling my eyes. "Besides, how would I have been able to do that anyhow?" Leia gave me a look like I wasn't helping, but I wasn't going to sugar coat anything. That wasn't who I am.

"I told you Jenna had nothing to do with it," the other, I think her name was Sally, reprimanded her friend with a frown. She turned her head to me with an apologetic look. "Sorry. Jennifer got called into the office and hasn't been back, and that's been two hours ago. It's not like her to go M-I-A for this long..." She trailed off with a sigh.

Called into the office? I pursed my lips at that. Something didn't seem right. "Did she do something wrong?" I questioned, biting my lip anxiously.

"No, that's the thing. We were just in the library when she got called in." Annette ran a hand over her face in anticipation. "Sorry for barging in on you guys. My emotions got in the way of logic thinking," she gave me a small smile, though I didn't return it. Still worried about the situation.

"We'll go see where she is if she's still in the office, sorry to have bothered you four..." Sally trailed off, pulling Annette away from our group.

There was a tense moment between us, not knowing what to say about that scene. It reminded me too much of Tenley, and I had a feeling more was about to come.