Chapter 4

For the next few weeks that was my usual group to hang out with. Leia, Tenley, Sloan and Mila were all great people and I was thankful to have met them.

Throughout my days at Endbury Academy I also met a few other girls in my classes who I became friends with, though didn't really hang out with outside of the classroom. They were more like my acquaintances for when I needed partners for that class, or we would help each other with homework and such.

At first I thought I really resented my mother for bringing me here against my will. I had friends back at my old public school, I had a life. I missed my old life, but my new one seemed to be brightening up. New friends, new opportunities. Not to mention the food here is so much better than my public school food. It was actually homemade food and not that junk you got at public schools.

Downside to this school there was a curfew. At ten o'clock sharp lights are meant to be out, and you are expected to be tucked in bed. Being a natural night owl that was a bit hard to get accustomed to, but Leia made it easier to remember since her time was already time-stamped into her body. Honestly though that time-curfew sucked when you had extra homework to do and aren't able to get it done in time because of it.

I had never been a morning person. My time had always been stay up late and wake up late, which made me late for school a bunch of times. I remember my mother always yelling at me for over sleeping even though she never tried to come in and wake me up on time. Although to her credit if she did barge into my room I would have yelled at her and been pissed, but it wasn't like she respected my privacy to begin with.

Don't get me wrong, I still hate that my mother sent me here against my will. I knew why she did it to - to get me out of her life so she didn't have to worry about a troublesome teenage girl and could just worry about her ten year old angel, who I am sure by now has had so many bad stories told about me. I didn't know when I would be able to see Molly. I wasn't sure what the policy was for going back home, or if my mother would even want me to come back home during the holidays. With how she's been acting towards me here lately I doubt she'd want me back, and dad just follows her every move. Poor, sweet Molly just doesn't have a choice. Not while she's living under that roof.

Sighing I marked something else on my homework. Leia was writing an essay that was due in our English class while I was just finishing up my algebra homework. That essay was next on my list but hopefully I would just breeze on by that. Writing has always been a favorite of mine, it didn't matter if it was creative or not. So I knew that one would be easy-peasy. Math was not my favorite subject in the world, even though Professor Frank makes it super easy to learn. I have no clue how these teachers do it - making everything easy to learn.

"Hey you guys," A soft voice called over to us, our heads rising to the voice simultaneously. Tenley's roommate, Kawano Ui, was walking over to our study table in the library - looking a bit nervous. She was a American-Japanese girl who was very sweet, but didn't usually hang out with Tenley's group. She was normally with the more academic girls, and we were definitely not that.

"Hey Ui, what's up?" Leia asked, sensing the worry emitting from the girl. Kawano only ever talked to us if she needed something, or needed to know something in particular.

A frown married Kawano's face, which automatically made me worried. I glanced over to Leia, who also looked worried now with whatever was going to be asked or said. "Have you guys seen Tenley today? She wasn't in the room this morning, and I hadn't seen her in any classes..." The American-Japanese girl trailed off with a frown, biting her lip in anticipation.

I furrowed my eyebrows, trying to remember if I saw Tenley today. Now that I was thinking about it I hadn't seen her at all today - which was very surprising in itself. I just thought maybe she was sick today and had to take the day off from school, not at the fact she could be missing.

"You mean you haven't seen her?" Leia asked, worry etching onto her face. "I just thought she might have been out sick..." she trailed off with a frown, following my line of thought.

"I was hoping you guys had seen her today, but if you haven't than I'm telling Principal Blakely that she's not been seen," Kawano nodded her head towards us, "thanks for letting me know guys! I'll head over to the Principals Office now to give word." With that Kawano exited the library, leaving Leia and I speechless.

"Tenley's missing?!" Leia whispered to me, sounding like she was about ready to cry.

I placed my hand on her arm in comfort, giving it a light squeeze. I didn't want to assume the worst, but it wasn't like Tenley not to tell anyone if she was going somewhere. It wasn't like you can just waltz off the school property with no one knowing where you are. This was a very tight-knit school, and there was usually eyes on everything and everyone to make sure it was safe.

"Hopefully she shows up by the end of the day," I assured her with a frown. Here was hoping that maybe she got taken out of the room and brought somewhere. That she was with the principal and everything was going to be a-okay.

Leia placed her own hand on top of mine, giving it a squeeze though now the calm atmosphere that was there vanished with one of worry.

It was hard to focus on anything after that. Shortly after we just decided to pack up our belongings and leave, though I did make sure to grab a book I needed for that essay. While I could always just use my laptop and search for stuff, it was always great to have the book on hand just in case something happened.

Look at me, becoming the model student. It made me want to hurl.

The next day was uneasy. Tenley still hadn't shown up, and we were beyond worried. This wasn't like Tenley at all, and I had a sad feeling something happened to her. What it was I wasn't sure, but it was almost like she just vanished.

We were in Professor Frank's classroom. Mila, Leia and I were all gathered together - without Tenley, which felt weird. I was so used to Tenley being with us - and it was obvious she wasn't here. So painfully obvious.

"Alright class!" Professor Frank clapped her hands in order to get our attention. We all scrambled to get to our seats as she made her way to the middle of the classroom. "Today is a pop quiz on everything we've learned so far!" A collective groan resounded in the classroom, making Professor Frank click her tongue disappointedly. "No moaning! Lets see if you girls were paying attention these few months!" Mila raised her hand and Professor Frank nodded her head, "yes Miss Wright?"

"Uh, I was wondering if you knew where Tenley was?" Mila asked nervously, causing a ruckus of whispers to follow, "we haven't seen her, and her roommate says she's not in their room. I know Kawano went to the Principal but we haven't exactly heard any news..." Mila trailed off shyly. Leia and I glanced at each other before looking at the teacher, who was noticeably paler than usual with that question.

Professor Frank cleared her throat. "Tenley's fine, she just went home early is all. She'll be back before you know it!" Before anyone could say anything else she clapped her hands again, seemingly clearing the air of that question. "Now, onto the quiz!" Another collective groan sounded in the classroom, but there was still one lingering question remaining.

Where was Tenley?