Chapter Fifteen

I had woken up a few hours ago. I expected Brahms to come in with breakfast but he didn't. Maybe he knew I was going to play along. As I so easily gave in to eating a few days ago. I wasn't hungry, but he needed to come in so I could continue playing along. He makes me easy food to eat within these days. So I can swallow easily. I had actually took a shower yesterday and studied my mark. I have stitches, which I never knew he did. I was going to take them out myself but decided against it.

I still manage to like him though. I know it's wrong but I can't not. My feelings somehow don't leave. I curse myself for that. How he nearly killed me and yet I'm not even that mad. I was at first, but now I'm just not. That's not okay. Me staying here is not okay. This was went through my head the first time I tried to leave- how I needed to leave because something bad would happen but I ended up staying because of my feelings. But this time, I need to listen to my head rather than my heart.

The door then opens and I sit up slowly and look at Brahms who was holding a simple glass of water in his hand. He still has his mask on. That bothers me. I already have seen his face, and I like him better without it. I don't know why he chooses to hide it again. Possibly because he  can't stand looking at himself after nearly killing you. Yeah that could be it. Or maybe he is back to his old ways. I hope not.

"Uh..I'm taking off your stitches today."

My eyes widen. I know I thought about taking them out myself but I didn't want to because I simply hate pain. And now he's going to be the one to take them out.

"Just drink this, it's all okay."

What is that supposed to mean? I take the glass from him and look at it. Oh. Now I get it. He put that stuff in it. So I'm not going to feel it. But what if I wake up during-

He clears his throat. He must see me in thought. I look up at him before taking a big gulp of the water. I hand the glass over to him knowing within a minute, I'll pass out. Maybe I should speak now. Just before I pass out. So then he will think long and hard about what I was going to say. And then when I wake up I'll be able to tell him anything, and he will listen.

My vision blurs for a second. Okay, now I have to wait just a few more seconds. Black dots bounce around and I decide then to speak.

"Brahms..I-I want..I forgi-" I struggle a bit as the tiredness hits me harder than I expected. I see the look of shock in Brahms's eyes. Good. I got him. And then I close my eyes, feeling his hands on my back.

~~~

I open my eyes and I turn my head to the side, but I'm met with pain. My hands fly to my neck. Where even am I?  I wait a second before sitting up and holding my neck with my hands, oh, I'm in here.

Then Brahms comes in, his mask is off this time and he seems startled by me as he visibly flinches.

"I didn't think you would wake so early..is it bad? Do you need-"

I shake my head.

"I uh-" he clears his throat. "I know you don't like being in here so, let's go upstairs okay?" He's so nervous. He walks over to me as if I can't move on my own and pulls me to my feet. Not going to lie, I miss his touch. But nonetheless, I let go of him and walk off and I feel his presence close to me as he follows. 

Once I step out of the walls, I go to the kitchen. I'm surprised that he even lets me go in here. I then act as if I'm looking for food and I feel his eyes watching my every move.

"Do you want me to cook you something?"

I turn and lean my backside on the counter and cross my arms whilst looking at him.