Chapter Fourteen

I laid and stared at the ceiling all night. I didn't feel like moving. Didn't feel like sleeping. Didn't want to even be breathing, but here I am.

The room is bright now, so it must be past seven. I'm not going to move though. Maybe eventually if I dont move Brahms will notice how depressed I am and let me go. Highly unlikely, but you never know with him.

I hear the door open, and I smell food. I stay still and just listen as he walks over and sets something down on the nightstand.

"I made breakfast."

Pancakes. That's what it is.

"You need to try and eat, if you don't your throat might hurt more in the healing process."

I still lay here, still looking up at the ceiling. Well, until he picks me up and makes me sit. I look straight ahead and see out the corner of my eye that he has a chair next to the bed.

The tray is moved to his lap and he stares at me. I'm not moving. I just want him to leave me be.

He just cut my throat open and doesn't even consider that I don't want to talk to him when he could've ended my life.

After a minute, he's holding a fork in front of my face. I glance down at it and it has a piece of pancake on it, with my favorite syrup. What if he poisons me? He wouldn't. But the thought still comes to mind. I mean, he did say he wouldn't ever hurt me and he did just the opposite of that.

"Eat Emersyn." He sighs.

A few seconds go past before he removes the fork out of my vision and I hear it clang against the plate.

"You aren't going to starve yourself."

I then look at him. I'm annoyed. He's wearing his mask now, I roll my eyes at this. I can't believe him right now. Acting this type of way. Its like he doesn't understand anything. I then look at the plate and back to Brahms. Then, I simply lay back down, faced away from him.

"Emersyn."

I completely ignore him and close my eyes.

"Damnit Em" The anger is heard in his voice. Suddenly, I'm pulled back up by my arm. I'm actually shocked that he did that. I don't show it though. I'm facing him, as that is how he positions me. I look at the floor though. My neck is all of a sudden in pain, I gasp and bring my hand up to my neck. Maybe because my movements were too quick when he pulled me up. I did turn my head quickly when he did that.

I don't know why I expected Brahms to freak out, he did cause this. But I thought maybe he would say sorry or try and hug me. Perhaps let me lay back down. But he doesn't. He just sits there, watching me. I want to say something now, but that will ruin it. Maybe I should play along.

If I want to get out, I should play the game right. Don't talk though. I need to wait and catch him off guard by talking. He'll expect me to talk now. But if I stay silent for a few days or weeks, and then say something, he will do whatever I say. That's what I'll do.

So, I reach out for the plate and hold it in my left hand and pick up my fork with my right. I glance at Brahms before eating a mouthful. After a few seconds, he leaves the room. I sigh. I hate when he studies me eat. Or watches me do anything. And I know he is still watching me, I can feel it. But at least we aren't face to face. I continue eating my pancakes until it's all gone.

I set the plate back down on the tray and lay down, covering myself with the covers and closing my eyes. I'm not going to sleep, I can't. I just want Brahms to leave.