Chapter 7.

• Dedicated kay @kimxilimuy_gen

"Never miss a good chance to shut up."

"Boss, Lakeview Heights po tayo," Alex told the driver as soon as they got inside the taxi. Then his attention turned to Drei who was beside him. "Drei, I am so sorry."

"It's okay. Aksidente naman yun eh, I understand!" she said, crossing her arms over her chest. She looked tensed. 'This is just great... being stuck with Alex till morning!' she thought to herself. For a first date, this was something. "Saan ba tayo pupunta?"

"We have a house here in Tagaytay Highlands." He said casually. "So we're heading there."

He could feel her panic even if she was trying so hard to hide it.

"Napapraning ka na naman ano?" And then he gave her a laugh. "Don't worry I won't bite, I promise."

She just rolled her eyes and shook her head. There he goes again. It didn't take long for them to arrive at Lakeview Heights and they stood in front of a 'beautiful two-storey house.

"Kaninong bahay to?" she asked as they stood at the porch.

"It's my parents'... it's one of their conjugal properties but since they are already separated, they decided to give it to me." He said as he fished out the keys from his pocket and unlocked the door. And then they stepped inside. "But nung huli I told them that we should just keep it as a family rest house since di naman kami umuuwi dito. Pasok ka!"

"Hijo!" a woman in her mid-50's appeared from the hallway. Manang Pilar is a distant relative of Alex's dad and also the caretaker of the house. "Andito ka pala, sana nagpasabi ka na pupunta ka at nakapaghain ako!"

"Hi Manang Pilar! Kamusta po?" he greeted as he approached the old woman gave her a hug. "Ay naku Manang, okay lang po. Nasa Java Jazz kami kanina pauwi na sana kami... eh nagkaproblema yung sasakyan ko kaya dumerecho nalang kami dito. Bukas ko pa po makukuha. Ipapakisuyo ko nalang po kay Kuya Edgar bukas."

"Ah ganon ba? Ah sige, sasabihan ko na lang siya bukas, tulog na siya eh." then Manang Pilar glanced at Drei's direction and smiled. "Sino siya hijo? Girlfriend mo? Matagal tagal ka na ding hindi nagdadala ng bisita mo dito ah."

"Naku hindi po Manang!" Alex scratched his head. "Ummm... Drei, si Manang Pilar... Manang this is Drei... my date!"

Drei waved and the old woman just smiled. "Good evening po Manang Pilar!"

"Sige hijo magpapahinga na ako ha, maiwan ko na kayo." Then she left them both standing in the living room.

Drei wandered around. The house has a modern contemporary design with its high ceilings and yellow-orange painted walls that blended with the wooden floors. From where she was standing she could see that there was a balcony on the second floor where the rooms were.

The living room was spacious, which had a full height glass window through which you can see a landscaped garden. From the darkness she could see the outline of the Taal Volcano. It was just an amazing view.

"You should see it during sunrise." He encouraged and she just smiled. "We have the best morning view here!"

Then he left her sitting on the big L-shaped sofa and disappeared into the kitchen. Drei made herself comfortable as she took off her shoes, her feet were aching already. Then she walked around bare-footed and looked at the pictures hanging on the wall on her left. There were pictures of Alex with his family – cousins, uncles and aunts, friends. Then she stumbled upon a picture of a very beautiful woman whose features were very similar to Alex. It must be his mom.