Chapter Four

The four Titans get back to the tower and see no sign of Robin. However, there's a note left on the TV.

Dear 'Titans', I've gone out alone to do a solo mission. I'll be back before midnight. If I don't come back by tomorrow, look for me. Or don't. It's not like Jump City needs me anyway. They have Kid Flash.

Beast boy put the note down and turned his head to the others.

"Maybe we should give him some time alone. Something is bothering him. I'm not sure what, but I don't think he knows either."

Meanwhile, Robin sits upon a tall apartment building in the city. He looks down at all the people who are walking into stores and eating outside of restaurants. They all are talking with each other and laughing.

He sees a young boy being swung around playfully by his parents. Their arms are acting like the ropes that you hold on to. It reminded Robin of how happy he used to be when his mom and dad would take him to the park.

They would play with him for hours until it was time to go home. He wished it could've always been like that. Sadly, fate had different plans for boy wonder.

The lone hero suddenly feels a hand touch his shoulder.

He turns around and sees the last person he wanted to visit him.

"Don't you have some other person to bother?"

Kid Flash sighed.

"I'm not here to insult you. I just wanted to talk."

"About what?! How you're an insensitive jerk? How you only care about what you want? Oh, how about we talk about your stupid move that you made years ago? And the addition of the fact you came back and acted like I did something wrong!"

"Please! Just let me explain!"

"You've explained enough, Wally!"

At that moment it seemed as though the world stopped. The sounds of people chatting and cars moving along we're muffled by an eerie silence. All Kid Flash could see was Robin.

All he could see was the one person who truly cared about him. The person he pushed away.

"You haven't called me Wally since we were kids..."

"You have no idea how many times I wanted to call you that. I just felt like you don't deserve that clarity. I still don't think you do. That just kind of slipped out."

"Well, I don't deserve a lot of things. I especially never deserved you."

Robin clenched his fists.

"Don't try to be sweet. It's not going to work on me. You may have everyone else fooled, but I know the truth. I know that deep down all you do care about, have cared about, and always WILL care about us you. You're a selfish idiot."

"Can't we just talk about this?"

"How many times am I going to say this?! There's nothing to discuss! No matter what lies you tell me, I'm not going to listen. So just forget it!"

Kid Flash went silent. He began to walk off.

"Just run! Your stupid shame walk isn't going to work!"

"Fine! I will run! I'll run far away from you! In fact, I'll stay wherever that is! That's a great idea that I should've had a long time ago!"

Robin's heart sank.

"Yeah well, I should've never spoke to you! I regret everything we used to do together! Everything that's wrong with me is all your fault and I'll never forgive you! I hate you Wally! I hate you so so much!"

The two heroes parted ways.

Robin went back to the tower and went up the elevator.

Beast Boy was sitting on the couch alone.

"Beast Boy? What are you doing here alone? Where did the others go?"

"They went to see some move I dunno."

"You didn't want to go with them?"

"I wanted to wait for you so we could ya know... talk...... only if you want to."

Robin sighed.

"I can't say no to you Beast Boy."

Robin hopped over the couch and plopped down next to the green titan.

"So, what's on your mind?"

"You've been... sad... every since Kid Flash took the others on his team. At first I thought that was why you're sad, but I feel like it's something more than that."

The room went silent for a bit.

"Well.... Kid Flash and I have.... A history, so to speak."

Beast Boy turned his head to face the sad leader. "What do you mean, 'history'?"

Robin took a deep breath.

"Let me tell you the story about how Kid Flash and I met."