𝐢𝐢. 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐞𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

On this night the natural black hugs the stars as a mother to her newborn. Y/n was staring straight ahead. She could clearly make out Gi-hun's nervous pacing in the darkness.

"You would think serial killers would be punctual," said Y/n, glancing at her wristwatch. It was eight o'clock, yet Gi-hun had not been picked up.

"Patience, Y/n" reminded Jun-ho in a smooth voice. He did not glance at Y/n. His eyes remained trained on the road.

Y/n huffed before slumping down in the leather seat. The duo had been waiting in Jun-ho's car since quarter to 8 and Y/n was starting to lose her mind.

"I mean I'm sure they are busy but they've really got to work on their timeliness" said Y/n shaking her head.

"You're one to talk" muttered Jun-ho sparing a quick glance at the woman.

Y/n turned to face Jun-ho. A slight smile painted his face. The bright moonlight reflected off his face that created an angelic aura around him.

"I have no idea what you mean" said Y/n defiantly.

Jun-ho's grin widened. "Oh, so you weren't the one who ran in half an hour late on one of my birthdays and launched yourself onto me?"

"That was one time!"

"I'm guessing you also weren't the one who strolled in an hour late for the one school assembly? Or the one who spent too much time picking out a dress to your own brother's celebration dinner? Or–"

"Alright fine! My god you're an insufferable–"

But before Y/n could complete her insult a very visible long black car approached Gi-hun. Y/n could see the man settle himself in the car and she thought she saw a release of gas before the car was moving in the other direction.

Jun-ho was quick to follow. His face was void of his previous grin and now resembled a chiseled stone.

....

It was by no means a short journey. The road seemed endless. It stretched onward, hugging the land, taking each turn in easy stride.

Y/n didn't have much to do. Her eyes were starting to droop and Y/n was not about to fall asleep. Instead she turned her entire body to face Jun-ho and curled her legs into herself.