Chapter 4 : Lie to me

Sorry for the late upload , have a lot been busy. Also wanted to warn in the later part of ‘Lie to me’ the things they talk are lies. So the Opposite is meant to be correct. Lost me ? Well…Read :) …..

Chapter  4 

Devonn’s P.O.V.

She is running…fast….fast….faster. She is scared. Her slender body is shivering under the cold of the night. Her hair flows with the wind, tangling and falling on her face as she runs. She is going towards the woods. Her breath is coming out hastily. I can hear her pant. Suddenly she falls on something. Her body is alarmed.

 She looks up. Her grey eyes seem cloudier than ever, subjecting a fear, an omen, and a pain.

 My hearts starts to pump rapidly. I am feeling helpless. No….no…..

 A hand falls on her throat. Long nails envelop her fragile neck, pulling her into the woods, dragging her body along the dry grass. She is lamenting. Her sobs grow louder….louder….louder….

 I want to cry .My hands are tied; I cannot do anything.

 And then…she screams. A final scream.

 My racing heart falls numb.

 NOOOOO! I shout….. no!

My cry was matched with my alarm. My body was sweating as I pulled my alarm clock and turned it off. I sat on my bed. My eyes were wet and my whole body seemed charged.

It was a dream. Thankfully, it was a dream. I pacified myself as I got on my feet and dragged myself for a shower.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All through the car ride I couldn’t take my mind off the dream. The girl was Zoë. Why was she scared? Who was pulling her?

 Ugh. What was she even doing in my dream? I don’t even know Zoë. Why was I thinking about her?

 “Dude are you okay? You look tired….”  Evan inquired, breaking though my thoughts.

 “Yeah…I mean no.... I am fine…just a little headache.”

 “Oh. You could have stayed home…mom wouldn’t have said anything.” Tia advised.

“It’s nothing…. um do you guys think something like yesterday would repeat again….I mean with Zoë?”

 “I hope not...” Evan said looking straight.

 “Me too” Tia supported, her face looking thoughtful.

I parked my car and we began moving towards our lockers. My gaze searched for those grey eyes that had got my heart worrying. But everyone seemed busy with themselves and there was no particular commotion so she probably hadn’t arrived yet. Would she ditch school? Anyone would have after what she faced yesterday.

Mixed feelings crossed through me, I wanted to see her, wanted to know if she was fine but again I didn’t want any trouble around her. In both cases I was the one to loose. Or was I?

Shay’s familiar shrill voice broke through my cogitation much to my dismay. To my dismay!?!? Ugh. What was happening to me?

 Zoë’s P.O.V.

I ducked my head down moving hastily towards my first class, trying to elude from confronting any possible gaze even though the hallways were clear. Purposely I had arrived late to my class not wishing to encounter yesterday’s event again.