Chapter 2 : Mute girl can only whimper not shout

Recap :

That’s when I saw him. He was standing at the back, camouflaging in the crowd, but my gaze didn’t miss him; it could never miss him. He stared back right into my eyes, no sign of guilt or regret on his face, no sorrow, not even pain.

Fury rushed thought me making me abhor him more than ever. My mind started to revolve, and I ran. Leaving my belongings lying on the ground, wiping the tears off my eyes, I strode aimlessly, not knowing where I was headed, just away…away from this world.

Chapter 2 

Devonn’s P.O.V.

It’s more than just a mission

Hey, Hey, Hey

You hear but you don’t listen

Hey, Hey, Hey

You better pay attention

Hey, Hey, Hey

And get what you been missing

I better find your love and

I better find your heart

I better find your love and

I bet if I give all my love,

Then nothings gonna tear us apart

I bet if I give all my love,

Then nothings gonna tear us apart

Drake was blasting from my car radio .I swayed, singing along with Tia, my sister who was seated in back seat of my car. My buddy Evan who was installed beside me also joined in. I had just come back yesterday from a football camp. School was reopening today after the spring break  and I was utterly vivacious about meeting my girlfriend and my friends after the three week interval . Cold, moist air gushed through the open windows on my car, ruffling my messy brown hair as I started speed my car.

I parked my car and climbed outside, waiting anxiously for them to step out as well, so that I could lock the car. Once everyone was out, we began moving towards the building.

“Hey man, forgot to ask ….Did you find any hot chicks during the break or are you still single? “ I interrogated Evan.

“ Naaaah, jus went out a few times…but no commitments, perhaps I am not made to get committed to one.” He replied then winked. I chuckled.

“You are such a jerk Evan; you have probably gone out with every girl in the school. I don’t know how girls can’t see bold letters saying ‘Player alert’ inscribed on your head.” Tia imitated rolling her eyes as we marched along.

“Well... I haven’t dated you…..” He cocked. I raised my eyebrows at him, while Tia made a disgusted face.

“Just jok --

 “How could you be such a witch? My boyfriend damn loved you so much for a piece of crap you are ….How could you just kill him! Everyone is scared of you…But if you think I would leave you…… Then you’re sooo f**king wrong bitch.”  A high-pitched scream cut him short.

 We turned to look at each other in confusion, Evan’s eyes widening and Tia looking bewildered. We started to pace towards the crowd that had began to conflux. I incised through the array of bystanders to get a full view of the action. People separated, giving a way as I cut through until I saw Lexi . A tender and fragile looking girl with long light-ash blonde hair was on the ground beside her. The girl turned to face Lexi. Her gloomy, crestfallen face held mysterious and cheerless grey eyes, which looked swollen as if she had cried the whole night. Her beautiful lips were parted, looking dry.