The Madness And Appreciation

THAT NIGHT, a loud noise disturbed our sleep. I heard muning scream a meow. When I got out, the scene just scared me. There was blood on the floor. I quickly look for muning. Not in her favorite cabinet. I worried but at the same time steamed with anger.

I found muning under the bed. They used to fight every night but did no serious damage at all. But this time it's bad. Maybe muning didn't make her way to escape Uno's rage. Muning is wounded. Her part of the neck is bleeding. I tried to get muning out but she just didn't move. With my anger, I went out to look for something and scold that mean pit bull.

I found a small belt with a metal edge. I hit Uno with it again and again. I was really mad at him, not knowing that he might bite me because of what I was doing to him.

"Aaaahh!!You are such a mess!!!" Iscreamed while still hitting him.

Uno just stays. He didn't even run away. He didn't even make a sound. There is no sign that he is hurt. He just stands. Of course, it's their nature.

A very tough dog.

My husband stopped me. I am still mad, really mad. He almost killed muning. For a couple of days, muning is going to take her kittens out. I love my cat.

EARLY THE  next morning, I put Uno outside the house. I ignored him the whole day. Until night came, I never let him inside. My kids gave him food and talked to him. They even asked me to let him in. But my answer is no. I locked him outside for the night. Not caring if he will get lost or whatever happens to him. It is because I am mad at him. My husband and I argued about it. But still, I don't care.

TWO IN  the morning.

The rain woke me up.
I got out of bed.
I got out of my room and paused for a minute. I can hear the rain is getting heavy and heavier.
I think of Uno.

With mixed emotions, I quickly opened the door and looked for him. I even call his name. But because it was dark outside, I didn't even notice him sitting at the door side, cold and wet. I kept on pulling him inside but he didn't get in.

"C'mon boy, you'll get sick if you stay outside here," I gently said.

He understood me.

He gently went inside and went straight to his favorite place.

I go and pick up a dry towel. I dried him with it while talking to him. I noticed that his eyes were smiling. He just lets me do what I'm doing.

I felt that he was sad.

I don't know how, but I can feel it.

"I'm sorry boy..."

I saw his eyes smile again.

I know that if he could just talk he would say the same too.

I put a rug in his bedroom (under the table)so it will be warm. He was just watching me and waiting because when I was done, he went there and lay down.

I took a look at him.

He is not that bad.

Especially when his eyes smile.

I got ready for bed too.

I was about to lie down when I saw him standing at the door. I'm thinking if it's because of muning, but when I told him to go to his place and sleep...

He just followed.

June_Thirteen