Chapter 12

The music was so loud and matched the rhythm of pounding in my head.

Why did I come to this stupid party?

I was curious about college parties, as I'd never actually attended a party before. Unless you count birthday parties where parents were involved.

I'm ashamed to call myself a 23 year old.

But then again, I don't think I missed out much, if this was one to compare by.

Because, my curiosity was killing me. I was the cat that curiosity killed. The next line says 'satisfaction brought it back.' But I wasn't satisfied about what I learnt about parties. So I'm probably still a murdered cat.

Why am I even rambling. I wasn't even drunk!

The smell of booze, sweat and sex was strong. There were red solo cups lying around everywhere like some kids' ball pit. And I kept slipping on one every now and then.

The ground was vibrating with the people dancing or at least that's what they thought they did. To me it looked like they were doing some wild tribal ritual. Though I did find a few girls having good moves. But they stood away from the crowd, enjoying the attention of others in the background, who were watching their sensuous movements like hawks.

Where on earth did those girls go? Raniya and Jade loved parties. It only took a month for them to get popular and be invited to many parties.

I was far too deep in love with the university library to actually give a rats ass about social events and public attention. It was a beautiful library, books from the floor to the extremely high ceiling.

I could stay there all day.

My roomies or my new besties (though today I might just forget the latter title if I don't spot them in the next 5 minutes), tried dragging me out to parties every time they were invited. But I heard a few traumatizing experiences about parties and didn't feel like going.

I'm not antisocial by any means. Nor am I shy. I was just disinterested in what everyone else was so hyped about. I made friends with many others in my department, dorms and random people in the library. I even talked to the staff. So, I had enough interaction. But those two rolled their eyes when I explained it to them.

Apparently that wasn't enough interaction.

When I finally caved in after weeks of begging, they were ecstatic.

I spotted Jade who was busy dancing with a frat boy. Or was it humping? It suspiciously looked like the latter. I couldn't blame the guy for only having eyes on her. She wore a sparkly skin tight dress that came down to her mid thigh and with a halter neck. She looked great, especially with her long legs.

I couldn't pull off any outfit like that. I didn't have the confidence...or the legs. I decided to go all black. Partly because black could never go wrong and also, black helped me blend in.

I wore a high neck sleeveless tee with my black ripped jeans and black boots. But I also wore a face mask, and black glasses and a scarf so that no one would notice me. I guess I did a terrible job of being inconspicuous because my weird outfit got me curious or weird looks.

At least, they won't know who I am.

It's not like they'll know who you are either ways. You're never at this scene nor are you friends with people who frequently attend parties.

Thanks for making me feel great about myself.

I found Raniya in the kitchen, talking to a bunch of people and was heading there to tell her that I was going back to the dorms when someone pushed me on the side and I stabbed my elbow into the back of a huge dude who was busy shoveling his tongue in some girl's mouth.