Chapter 4

May, 6 yrs ago, India

Today was the day. I was a wreck on the inside. Can you believe that Axel likes me??

I mean, I sure hope he does. My gut tells me he does.

When I told him I liked him (through text but it counts because that is the only way we could communicate), he told me he wanted to meet me in person.

He won't say he sees me as his sister yea?...or will he...?

He can't. We've been stealing glances at each other for almost two years. He once pulled me up from the other side of our compound wall (don't ask me how or why I got there), and I could feel sparks as he held my arms, and it became fireworks when I almost fell on him. ALMOST fell. I regret that a lot.

Why wasn't I clumsy when I needed it most?

I remember when we had to enact the Nativity scene as Mary and Joseph, We were quite a sight. A funny sight but I'm sure we looked great together.

And another time when he was my actual prince charming and helped me escape from a bunch of local guys who kept cat calling me.

We've had plenty of moments alright.

I gave myself one last mirror check. I didn't look too bad. I was wearing my white tee with a guitar print, a black jean skirt and leggings. Not extreme at all.

I rushed to the commons building in our villa, which held the common halls and a swimming pool. I ran to the second floor.

And there I saw him, leaning against the window, the light forming a backdrop for his tall and dark silhouette. Have I mentioned how attractive he is?

He was giving me a shy smile. And I returned one, hoping it resembled a smile and not a grimace.

"Hey",

"Hey", I returned.

"You came."

Duh I wanted to reply but this tension was clouding both our abilities to make sensible conversation.

"Yea...Finally got to see you alone..."

"I know right...", he said, chuckling in that voice of his, which cracked in between. I loved his voice.

"So, what did you want to tell me?", I finally asked.

"...You know it even without me telling you."

"What do you mean...", I decided to play dumb.

"Cone on Ali, I've made it so obvious."

I just gave in and replied,

"...That you like me too?"

"Yea...", he said, hanging his head and I could see his ears turning red. "So, we're together now yea?"

"Huh?"

"Boyfriend and Girlfriend, I mean",

Shit, why didn't I realize that the outcome of our feelings would be a relationship. I had promised to never get into one.

Arghhh to hell with it. I can't say no. I need him.

"Y-Yes, so now you're my boyfriend, huh".

"Mmhmm".

And we fell into a light conversation on some teenage nonsense. I couldn't resist him. I liked him too much. But I was scared. There were so many things at stake.

Our parents, our common friends, our reputation and so much more. But I couldn't care less in my love hazed mind. I may be 15 but I wasn't stupid or unaware of the total relationship scenario.