Chapter 8

What have I done?

The weight of my actions were slowly sinking into me. I stood facing the French window on the rear side of my house. I had left it open as I usually did, to sneak back in. But now it was locked. My parents must have figured out, I sneaked through that door and not the main door.

Shit. How much did they figure out?

I mustered up courage and knocked. I had narrowly missed my dad catching me red handed from the front of the house, where he was prowling around, waiting to see from where I'd appear.

Okay. Focus. Now when I enter from the backdoor, the actual place where I'd been won't be revealed.

....Unless my stupid mouth decides to blurt it out myself.

My mom came to the French window on spotting me and let me in. She didn't say a word. She called my dad in and they both sat on the sofa facing me.

I schooled my features into a poker face. I couldn't give away anything. It was dangerous for me to say anything, without knowing the extent of how much they knew or assumed. I could only formulate a story after I understood their thoughts.

"Where were you?" My mom asked, her voice devoid of any emotion.

I didn't open my mouth. I just stared ahead blankly.

"Where were you, Alisha?!", my dad boomed, scaring me.

I couldn't stutter. That would indicate my lie.

"I was just outside the window."

"Why where you there?", mom asked. Okay, so now they weren't questioning my initial location. I can begin with the fact that I was always just outside the window.

"No reason."

"You think I'm stupid? It was that boy wasn't it?!", mom asked me, her voice rising in anger.

I expected this. Since I had history with Axel, it was natural that they would suspect him. The best way was to agree to that. But I had to convince them that, there was nothing going on between us.

"Fine, I was waiting for him."

"Where were you waiting? At the commons building?", crap so mom didn't completely believe that I was just on the backyard.

"Mom, I was here. I didn't go anywhere. I didn't even meet him. I'm guessing he forgot or fell asleep. I didn't get his text to go meet him."

"Oh, so it was all your idea. You were the one throwing yourself on him. Years back this was the same thing that happened. You throw yourself on him like some loose woman! He has many girls wanting his attention and he enjoys it. Are you stupid??! What if something happened when you met up? What if he took advantage of you in the dark? I've told you countless times that boys lose their self control pretty quickly!!!"

At least, now I'm safe.

Remember, my dear brain. Don't say anything stupid. You only planned to meet as FRIENDS. You NEVER met.

"We're just friends, mom. He won't do anything to me. I trust him."

"That's what you think. You never know. You would have been ruined. Don't you care about yourself and your family?"

"Melissa, let's go talk to his parents tomorrow. We'll get them married."

Whaaaaaattttt???!!!

I wasn't expecting the conversation to take this route!! Why do i feel like I'm a female lead in some dramatic book. I'm only 20 for friggs sake. I hated that tiny part of me that actually wanted it to happen.