The Big Bang

The trio reappeared on the rooftop of the museum, making Amy and Rory start violently. The moment their feet were on solid ground, River was quick to let go of the Doctor and get as far away from Daemon as possible. Besides, she was pleased to see her mother. Not that the redhead knew she was River's mother just yet.

"Amy!" River greeted in a pleased tone before her eyes landed on Rory. "And the plastic Centurion?"

She glanced questioningly back at the Doctor, who answered without taking his eyes off Daemon.

"It's okay, he's on our side."

"Really?" River asked and the Doctor nodded once briskly.

"Yeah."

River turned back to Rory curiously while the Doctor raised his brows at Daemon, who simply folded her arms across her chest defiantly.

"So, what's going on?" Amy demanded as she looked from River to the Doctor to Daemon and back.

"The Tardis is exploding, the universe is in flux, and time is collapsing." River answered. Amy frowned.

"So, what do we do?" The redhead asked, but Rory interrupted with a question of his own.

"Er... what are they doing?" Rory pointed between Daemon and the Doctor. "And what's wrong with Terry's eyes?"

"Oh, don't worry about it. They're just arguing." River answered in a dismissive tone that was betrayed by the uneasy glance she shot at the two Time Lords who remained locked in a staredown.

"Okay..." Rory said slowly. "But what's wrong with Terry's eyes?"

River bit her lip, when suddenly Daemon snapped aloud at the Doctor, "No, what's ridiculous is you wearing a fez and pretending you think you're cool with your absurd clothes and careless attitude!"

"There's nothing wrong with a fez. Fezes are cool, as are bowties." The Doctor countered before his gaze darkened. "Now, I'm asking for the last time. Give her back to me."

Daemon sneered. "Sorry, Doctor, but you don't scare me. And I think you'll actually want me around for this part."

With that, she abruptly snatched the fez off the Doctor's head ("Oh!" the Doctor cried) and she threw it off the roof. Right as a Dalek rose above the parapet.

"Extermin-" The Dalek was cut off as the fez bounced off it.

It blasted the offensive felt hat while the Doctor yelled at the others, "Run! Run!"

As everyone started running, the Doctor demanded of Daemon, "You couldn't have warned us earlier?"

"Like you did when you blew up Gallifrey?" Daemon shot back.

The Doctor's expression went cold, but River yelled at them, "What are you two doing? Move!"

The Doctor and Daemon turned to see the Dalek spinning to aim at them. The Doctor hastily grabbed a satellite dish, and used it as a shield against the Dalek's shots as he and Daemon quickly ran across the roof. The Doctor barely managed to block all blasts until he and Daemon made it to the doors leading to the stairwell. River and the others ducked further inside as the two Time Lords dove inside and the Doctor slammed the door behind them shut.

The group's heavy breathing was the only sound for a moment as the Doctor leaned against the door slightly. River meanwhile had her gun pointed at the roof hatch warily and Rory and Amy stood behind her anxiously.

"Doctor, come on." River ordered as she started to slowly usher the Ponds down the stairs.

"Shush." The Doctor hushed her as he pressed his ear against the hatch, listening intently. "It's moving away, finding another way in."