Ch6 Sandstorm

Coming back from a solo mission wasn't always easy, but Kakashi managed, however, he never expected to see Tenzo waiting for him. The younger male radiated anxiety, almost as if he was afraid of something. What Kakashi didn't know but whatever it was had to be big. He hadn't seen Tenzo this nervous in a while. So he asked, they were both off duty right now so there was no need to get a report. However, he never expected the answer the male gave him.

"Naruto Uzumaki has been kidnapped by a foreign kunoichi."

Kakashi felt something inside of him break. The last person he had spent years trying to protect, was gone? He didn't realize he had fallen to his hands and knees until he saw Tenzo couch down in front of him. Was he truly cursed? Was everyone he loved truly meant to die?

He didn't need to ask these things, after all, he already knew the answer.

---

Felix didn't know how to feel, on one hand, no child deserves hatred on the other, well, Mei would no longer be welcome in Konoha. And that wasn't just because of the village itself, what Mei did was risky beyond belief, and it could've ended with her in T&I. To be honest that was the best-case scenario. He didn't even want to think about what the worst-case scenario would entail. But that was only the human side.

There were rules put in place for spirits regarding mortal kids. What Mei did was hardly a new thing, as any spirit worth their salt when seeing an abused kid, nine times out of ten they will adopt it. Demons in particular are infamous for this. Whether that was because of the kids' souls being kept pure or taking them away from people who hurt them, no one could say for sure. Felix knows that even with all of the Uzumaki's most of their human population came from opens they stole/adopted. There was a lot of paperwork involved even before said spirit stole the kid, not to mention it had to be done willingly otherwise it was just kidnapping, though you were allowed to ask more than once.

The demon slogan for the child-stealing thing was "It's not kidnapping if it's consensual!" honestly no wonder they and the Uzumaki's got along so well. They both had insane ideas and somehow managed to pull them off. He wondered what that said about the rest of the spirits who would only be reigned in when the gods told them to and even then...

However he knew Mei wouldn't take the kid back there if given the chance and seeing the kid, so obviously touch starved that he would snuggle just for the chance to be comforted. Of course, there seemed to be times where he couldn't be touched, hell most of the time Mei didn't initiate contact. It was honestly sad. However, the boy was more than happy to babble on and on about whatever he could think of and the kid wasn't afraid to be loud about it either.

He could tell Mei loved it, the female was raised in a loud environment, so seeing the kid having that trait was putting her in a joyful mood. He could tell Nee was nervous, it was one thing to fix the seal of a gifted one or to give them a temporary place to live, but to straight-up steal a gifted one? Especially from their village? Yeah, that was a really fast way for villages to start pointing fingers. Plus there is another difference between saying you're going to do something and doing it.

At least he didn't have to worry about her telling her village, after all as more time went on she seemed to want to go back, less and less. He supposed it was only natural, being told you have to be a certain way your whole life then suddenly given a chance to choose on your own, not to mention finding out how flawed the shinobi world was? Yeah anybody would second guess themselves. Anyway, Mei was teaching the kid some things mostly about spirits and their history. He knew it would be a while before Mei revealed the past of humankind, especially when it came to Naruto. The kid wasn't even in double digits yet, and even if she told him what happened more than a thousand years ago he didn't think the kid would understand it.