Ezra

I had no idea about what had happened until I was making the pages into a book and saw what she had written. All Lizz had said was she met a friend of John’s and that was that. I had no idea the importance of the meeting, not until it was too late. But of course that’s not important right now because we have other stuff going on and don’t have time to dwell on what happened. Or well what will happen I guess.

    We were living in the warehouse working on things for about 2 weeks and they were fairly hectic but not too bad. Thankfully Nick’s parents didn’t find out about us being there. Well not yet anyways, stupid Pe... I mean what? Me and Lizz ended up getting our own sonic screwdrivers which was exciting. An added bonus, they were specially designed to help us in the computer realm. Because why not use two teenage kids as guinea pigs, like on Cerci’s island. But then again I would rather do this then go to highschool. Although I have heard stories about how cool high school can be, like you and your love friend aren't at risk of dying every day and apparently you can just walk out of an honors math class, buy some chicken sandwiches, and walk back in. But I still say our adventure was better (for the most part.)

    I think I coververed the gist of what happened over those two weeks. I don’t quite know what Lizz did, she mainly hung out with John while I was with Al. Two weeks after stumbling upon them Lizz and I were standing side by side, waiting for Al to press the button that would digitize us. I took her hand in mind and squeezed it as I looked over at her.

    “You ready to get willy wonkaed?” I asked, trying to seem joking but my nerves were eating me up.

    She nodded and squeezed my hand back, three times, “ ‘course I am. Hit it Al, let’s make history!”

Al hit the button and all the colours started swirling before the world went dark.

                    *    *    *
    I woke up with a pounding headache and just laid there for a minute, letting myself remember. Me and Lizz were only digitized for about five minutes because all we needed was to make sure we could go there, and now it seemed we were back in the actual world, and I had inadvertently passed out. I managed to sit up and looked around the room, it was the same one I had been waking up in for the past two weeks, that was a good sign.

    I made my way to the kitchen because being digitized really works up an appetite. I broke into a grin when I saw Lizzianna standing there and ran over to hug her, glad she didn’t get mutilated. And by the look on her face I hadn’t been either.

“Took ya long enough to wake up Ezra,”  she said, hugging me back. “You were out for almost a whole day.”

    “Hey, I need my beauty sleep!”

    “What, is trash the new beautiful?”  She asked, hopefully teasingly as she pulled away and punched my arm gently.

    “Why don’t you stop arguing and eat some soup?” Nick asked, setting down two full bowls of soup down on the counter for us. Again I was startled that he was there, rarey noticing he was there whenever I walked in a room despite his size.

    Both me and Lizz sat down, knowing he wouldn’t take no for an answer. Also he’s like a really good chef too, like that soup was probably the best I had. But that could have also been attributed to the fact that I was starving because I hadn’t eaten anything in over 24 hours.

“So what kind of soup is it? Also, can I have the recipe? It’s so good.” I asked, to which Nick responded, “It’s blended chicken dumpling in a beef broth with some garlic, curry, fresh ground black pepper, and hand-stirred clockwise three times, counterclockwise once, with the wooden end of a well-loved shovel, and simmered for one hour at one hundred degrees fahrenheit. And don’t be stingy with the garlic.”