Ezra

Hello again. You must be dying to know where we go from here. Some questions running through your head might be ‘What is inside the warehouse?’ or maybe ‘So the entire fight was just DIGITAL?!?!’ I’m going to answer your questions, but first I want to have a zen moment with you guys. Take a deep breath in through your belly, and let it out slowly. Do this a couple times, and you should feel much better. I’m telling you this because there are some bits that you might need to surface from the book and CALM THE HECK DOWN. Now. Our story starts in a galaxy far far away. Not really, it’s just our boring old universe. At least that’s where it starts. So, the sentence Lizz used IRL in was this: ‘hey ez i found this cool warehouse. I'll text you where it is and we can meet IRL after dinner’ So of course after dinner I immediately texted her for clarification, then hopped on my hoverbike and shambled-  Wait. I’m telling this, so I can make it sound cool. So I sped towards the warehouse, stopping only when I got there. Not long after, Lizz showed up on her pedal bike.

“How….long have….you….been waiting here?” she gasped.

“Only a few seconds.” A grin spread across her face.

“Hahaha! I live six miles away from here! You only live two! Glad to see a bike can still beat that fancy technology.”

“Hey, my hoverbike is pretty much a rusty hunk of metal on one ancient hover engine! I was lucky to even get it off the ground!”

“I dunno Ez, looks like you could use the exercise.” She playfully poked my belly, which was almost as flat as could be.

I rolled my eyes, and we walked inside.

*     *    *

Inside was surprisingly well lit. Then I found out why. And boy, was it exciting. Revolutionerizing, you might say.

“PANICPANICPANICPANICPANIC!!!” said a frantic voice from the tech desk.
“INTRUDERSEVACUATELEAVETHEBUILDINGLEAVENOEVIDENCESHOWNOMERCYTAKENOPRISONERS!!!”

“Relax, we’re not here to steal your stuff. Who are you guys anyway?” Lizz asked.

“The revolutionizers.” said the guy at the other desk.

“NO!” said everybody else.

“I told you, Al, we are NOT calling ourselves the revolutionizers. It’s a dumb name.”

“I don’t know, it has a certain ring to it.” That was me. Hehe.

“Please, don’t encourage him. He’s an ego bigger than this warehouse. I’m John, btdubs And that's Al.” He said gesturing at the other individual who had spoken.

“And you could help with our project,” said a third.

“What’s that and what would we have to do?” That was Lizz.

“Well, we have a plan. To send people into the cyber realm. But better than Tron, or that weird Minecraft book, or anything like that. All of these were very narrow-minded, only including one software at a time. I’m talking about surfing the net in person. Traveling every line of code on your own two feet. And besides,”  He said, pointing this next part at Al “We can’t call it that now because you’ve revealed it to us before we can prove it!”

“That doesn’t change anything!”

“Does too!”

“Does not!”

“Does too!”

“Does not!”

“You must excuse my coworker here. He’s acting a bit like a CHILD!”  This last word was directed at Al.