Mama and her baby girl

TW: mentions self harm, depression, blood and injury.

'Hey Wanda!' Nat called out heading to her room she went to knock but stopped when she heard crying. 'Malyshka open the door.' She tried the handle but it didn't budge. 'Please baby.' Nat heard light steps coming close to the door. 'That's it baby.'

She could sense Wanda's hesitation. 'Looks like my baby doesn't want hugs or cuddles today.' The door swung open. 'Baby wan' hugs!' Wanda said quickly trying not to suffocate on her sobs in the process. 'Of course princess.' Nat picked her up pulling the witch into her.

'Why is my little baby crying?' Nat wiped a tear from Wanda's cheek. "No wan say, Tasha be mad." Nat shook her head "I won't be mad at you if you tell me the truth. Is it something in this room?" Wanda nodded in the opposite direction Natasha turned around and saw the bathroom door open. "Did you make a mess?" Wanda nodded. "A lil bit." Nat placed the girl down before pushing it open.

"What we're you doing with bandages?" The russian noticed all the medical supplies sprawled out on the counter. She put all the stuff back before noticing dried blood on the sink.

"Wanda? What did you hurt?" Natasha followed the trail to the floor where she found the towel hiding in the trash can. When she came out Wanda was biting her lip trying not to cry. "Wanda I need you to show me your owie and tell me what happened." Wanda shook her head. "Pwease no Tasha."

Nat frowned. "Baby why won't you tell me?" Natasha cupped Wanda's cheek. "You can tell me anything angel." Wanda released her lip and instantly started sobbing. "Come here princess." The spy lifted Wanda onto her hip. "Can you tell me what happened?" Nat asked softly as she wiped tears from the littles cheeks. "big wands did a bad."

"What did she do?" Wanda lifted up her arm, Nat felt her heart drop as the realisation hit her. "Okay." She tried to stop the tears coming as she carried Wanda over to the bed. "Can I take a look angel?" Wanda shook her head. "No mad I no mean to makes Tasha sad." Nat sighed. "Wanda look at me. I am not mad at you, I am sad, but only because you are hurting." Wanda hid her face if Natasha was upset then she was going to get a punishment. "P'ease no owie no mean to." Nat frowned."Wanda. I'm not gonna hurt you. I would never hurt you baby. Can I talk to big wanda?"

Wanda nodded and started to play with her magic between her fingers, Natasha took this as a sign that she was out of her headspace seeing as she wasn't allowed to do magic whilst little. "I am listening I just can't..." Wanda trailed off but Nat seemed to understand. "That's alright you can do whatever makes you comfortable." Wanda nodded in appreciation she didn't want to look at Natasha, she couldn't bear to see the look on her face.

"Do you want to go first?" Natasha asked sitting further back on the bed. Wanda moved to face her but still with held eye contact. "I don't know what to say. I'm really sorry." Wanda could feel the tears flowing down her cheeks. "You don't need to apologise I just want to make sure you're okay. You can talk to me Wanda." Natasha could see Wanda's hesitation.

"Wanda, it's okay to be nervous to talk about it. But I promise you that I'm not going to judge you or get mad. I just want to make sure you are safe so I can help you." Nat said gently kissing wanda's head before carrying on. "Can you tell me why you did that to yourself?" Natasha braced herself she knew this wasn't going to be an easy conversation.

"Hug." Wanda mumbled even though she wasn't feeling little she wanted Natasha's comfort. "Come here." Natasha wanted Wanda to initiate the hug because she didn't want to overwhelm her or go to far. Wanda climbed into the Russians lap and clung to her. "I've got you Wanda. I don't care if you are big or little I've always got you and if you tell me what's going on I will be able to help you."