Sick at the Brits - Harry

Here's an old draft; it's not edited, so I apologize for any monstrosities you find. Also, I know I've seen quite a few versions of this one, but I wanted to write it anyway lol.

CW: emetophobia warning

3rd Person POV

"Harry, babe, are y'alright? You look a bit... ill, I would say," Louis mumbled to his husband. They were getting ready for the Brits and the preceding red carpet (which was starting in just under an hour) when Lou noticed how off Harry seemed.

"Ehh..." came Harry's very helpful reply. He didn't want to tell Louis that he felt like he might spew at any second, it would only worry and distract them from tonight's event.

"Please tell me what's bothering you, love. I want to help." Louis took Harry's large, soft hands into his own and brushed along his knuckles gently. His blue eyes met Harry's green with a desperately curious gaze. "Please?"

"I don't... uh- I don't know. I don't really know what's wrong... I guess," Harry finally gave into lying to his worried husband. "I think I'm nervous, Lou. And tired. Nothing much to it."

The shorter of the couple just stared at his partner for a few moments before deciding to give in for at least a little while. "It's alright to be nervous. You'll be just fine, though, yeah? Let me know if anything changes, love?"

Harry nodded as Louis pulled both of their bodies together for a much needed hug. They only broke away when Liam entered the bunk area where they were standing to let them know that Lou Teasdale was ready to do Harry's hair.

+++

They were only a few categories away from their next nomination category, but Harry didn't think he could make it. He was regretting pushing himself so hard to "be okay" when he was clearly not well. Throughout the night he had been sporting an evidently high temperature and a killer headache which was accompanied by mild nausea.

The sick feeling washed over his body in nearly constant shifts. He would feel himself start to sweat more as his dinner turned and flipped in his stomach. There were a few bad bouts where he thought he might just lose it all right then and there in the middle of everything happening, but he kept it together.

This time, it was unbearable. Harry truly thought he was going to be sick all over the fancy table with shiny place settings before him. The ill young man peered across the table at his husband and hoped they would make eye contact soon. He didn't really want to disturb things or worry the other guys, but he needed to leave and he wanted someone to know what was happening.

"Lou..." he hissed. "L-" Niall dug his elbow into Harry's side, letting him know that now was not the time to be talking. Harry did not receive the action well - in fact it brought forth a small gag on impact. There was no time for giving out information, the twenty year old rose from his seat and brushed past his partner as he left with as much poise as he could muster.

Louis, who was not totally oblivious to how awful Harry looked the whole night, was instantly very concerned as to where he could be going. He had thought he heard someone calling his name a moment before Harry left, but then again the person introducing whichever band was about to play was very loud. He reached into his pocket and sent Harry a quick text asking where he had rushed off to when they were so close to their next nomination.

From Hazza
Just needed the toilet. I'll be back in time.

The reply was very unlike Harry, setting Louis into an even deeper state of worry.

To Hazza
Are you alright? Do you feel sick, love?

Louis really wasn't sure why he thought that might be the issue, but he really did not expect the answer that he received.